This week of 12/8/13: Two SmartSource and one Red Plum.
- See the full list of what’s supposed to be included at Sunday Coupon Preview.
- See the bottom of this post for a list of clipping services to find additional coupons.
- Use this as a general guide, because coupons and values vary regionally. This means that sometimes our papers will not include one or more of the coupons listed, or that one area will get one $ amount on their coupons, we will get another.
In Chicagoland, the Chicago Tribune has the most coupons in it — even if the Sun-Times, or the DuPage Daily Herald, or the other smaller papers have the same inserts, they’re thinner. (Occasionally, the Sun-Times will contain a coupon not found in the Trib, but it’s rare.) If you are outside Chicagoland, you will want to pick up the largest-circulation paper in your area.
So, what looks good to me?
- Pillsbury $1/1 refrigerated cookie dough (3/1). Use on the buy four cookie dough get free milk promo at Meijer.
- Wonderful $.50/1 pistachios 2.75oz+ (2/8)
- Buddig $2/2 original, deli cuts or premium deli items 8oz+ (2/28)
- Energizer $1/1 batteries or flashlight (1/4)
- Lots more Hasbro toy coupons!
- Peet’s $4/2 10ct or 16ct single cups (1/31) DND.
- all $2/2 laundry detergents (1/19) ETS
- Gillette $3/1 male disposable razor (1/31) ETS. Good News are $3.50 at Ultra and on the buy $30 get $10 rebate deal.
- McCormick $.50/1 spice, herb, extract or food color (1/12)
- Nestle $1.25/2 coffee-mate liquid creamers excludes natural bliss (2/1)
- Superpretzel $.50/1 soft pretzel item (1/10)
So how many?
It’s an OK week — I’m probably doing four.
Not getting inserts in your paper?
The Tribune is no longer including inserts in some papers, the further you get from the city — and sometimes people in Chicago and the southern burbs are also missing one or both inserts in both delivered and purchased papers. This decision is made by the inserts — they’ll decide not to distribute in certain ZIP codes, or only to distribute a certain number in given areas, so not all papers have them.
Here are a few places you can get clipped coupons and/or whole inserts, if the Trib isn’t working for you:
- Klip2Save — No minimums, no fees, same day shipping, and coupons often available as early as the Wed. before they appear in the Sunday paper.
- Coupons & Things by Dede. Dede also has a loyalty program where you earn points for each order, and then can redeem those points towards $ off later orders. She ships fast.
- WeClipUSave — some cheaper than Dede, and often more stock. They also have whole inserts available.
- Also check out the Mashup Mom Coupon Trading Group on Facebook!
These are also good places to try if you just want a lot of a single coupon. It can be more cost effective than buying multiple papers.