This week of 12/29/13: Just a P&G.
- See the full list of what’s supposed to be included at We Use Coupons.
- See the bottom of this post for a list of clipping services to find additional coupons.
- Use this as a general guide, because coupons and values vary regionally. This means that sometimes our papers will not include one or more of the coupons listed, or that one area will get one $ amount on their coupons, we will get another.
In Chicagoland, the Chicago Tribune has the most coupons in it — even if the Sun-Times, or the DuPage Daily Herald, or the other smaller papers have the same inserts, they’re thinner. (Occasionally, the Sun-Times will contain a coupon not found in the Trib, but it’s rare.) If you are outside Chicagoland, you will want to pick up the largest-circulation paper in your area.
So, what looks good to me?
- Crest $.75/1 toothpaste 4oz+ or liquid gel excludes cavity, baking soda and tartar control.
- Dawn $.50/1 hand renewal, power clean, bleach alternative or oxi. Cheap Hand Renewal at CVS.
- Several Febreze including $1.00/1 Air Effects and $1.00/1 set & refresh.
- Gillette $2/1 fusion shave prep.
- Gillette $3/1 fusion proglide razor.
- Ivory/Safeguard $1/2 personal cleansing products. The 3 bar soap is on sale at Jewel for $1.00 this week.
- Pantene $3/2.
- Scope B1G1 free outlast 750ml, dual blast 750ml or classic 1l mouthwash up to $4.50 (1/12/14)
- Tide/Downy $1.50/1 tide detergent, boost, washing machine cleaner or with oxi or downy excludes downy single rinse and tide pods.
So how many?
I really hate it when it’s a P&G week with nothing else… I’m probably only getting two, but I’m stocked up on drugstore stuff and these aren’t speaking to my family’s needs. There’s a P&G rebate deal coming up at Meijer next week, so you might want to get extras if you like to do those.
Not getting inserts in your paper?
The Tribune is no longer including inserts in some papers, the further you get from the city — and sometimes people in Chicago and the southern burbs are also missing one or both inserts in both delivered and purchased papers. This decision is made by the inserts — they’ll decide not to distribute in certain ZIP codes, or only to distribute a certain number in given areas, so not all papers have them.
Here are a few places you can get clipped coupons and/or whole inserts, if the Trib isn’t working for you:
- Klip2Save — No minimums, no fees, same day shipping, and coupons often available as early as the Wed. before they appear in the Sunday paper.
- Coupons & Things by Dede. Dede also has a loyalty program where you earn points for each order, and then can redeem those points towards $ off later orders. She ships fast.
- WeClipUSave — some cheaper than Dede, and often more stock. They also have whole inserts available.
- Also check out the Mashup Mom Coupon Trading Group on Facebook!
These are also good places to try if you just want a lot of a single coupon. It can be more cost effective than buying multiple papers.