- See the full list of what’s supposed to be included at Sunday Coupon Preview.
- Update — SlickDeals is showing TWO Red Plum.
- Use this as a general guide, because coupons and values can vary regionally. This means that sometimes our papers will not include one or more of the coupons listed, or that one area will get one $ amount on their coupons, we will get another.
In Chicagoland, the Chicago Tribune generally has the most coupons in it — even if the Sun-Times or the DuPage Daily Herald or the other smaller papers have the same inserts, they’re often thinner. (On rare occasions, the Sun-Times will contain a coupon not found in the Trib, but it’s rare enough that it’s worth remarking on when it happens.) If you are outside of Chicagoland, you will want to pick up the largest-circulation paper in your area.
So, what looks good to me?
- Balance Bar $1/2 singles (9/14). These go on sale for $1.00 all the time.
- Fiora $.50/1 bath tissue or paper towels (9/30) DND. At Jewel this week: 12 pack Fiora bath tissue or 8 ct paper towels, 2/$6.00 must buy two limit one offer per transaction.
- Fruit of the Loom $1/1 packaged underwear or casual sportswear item excludes socks and hosiery, Fresh Collection intimates, bras, sleepwear and thermal underwear (11/30). If you get your paper on Saturday, Walmart is having a sale this week.
- MET-Rx $2/2 full size bars (9/15). These go on sale for $1.00 sometimes.
- Sara Lee $1 off 1lb+ meat at the service deli or 1 packages pre-sliced meat (9/15) DND. Since the printable ran out so quickly! It goes $4 a pound at the smaller Centrella stores pretty often.
- Activia $1/1 4pk or 4 5.3oz cups (9/29). Wait til it goes 3 for $5.00.
- BIC $1/1 stationery product (9/15). Free pens!
- Complete $1/1 12oz+ (9/9). Save for drugstore deals.
- Fiber One $.50/1 chewy bars, 90 calorie products or protein chewy bars (9/28). Use on the Ultra instant sale.
- Five Star $1/2 products (9/30). Stack with the $1.00/2 Target printable here.
- Nature Valley $.50/1 granola bars 5ct+, granola thins or soft-baked oatmeal squares (9/28). Use on the Ultra Foods instant savings deal this week.
- Old El Paso $.60/3 products excluding refrigerated, frozen or soup products (9/29). Use on the seasoning packets or when the shells go on sale for $1.00.
- Pam $1/2 cooking spray cans or 1 twin pack (9/15).
- Snapware $2/1 food or home storage (10/31). Use when the little ones go on sale at Meijer.
- Dial $1/2 Complete Foaming hand soap or bar soap 3 bar+ (8/31/13). Dial goes on sale at Ultra a lot.
- Gillette B1G1 free female disposable razor ets up to $11.99 (8/31/13) and Gillette B1G1 free male disposable razor ets up to $11.99 (8/31/13). Maybe they’ll go BOGO at Jewel again.
- Pantene $3/2 shampoo, conditioner or treatment products ets (8/31/13). This goes as low as $1.88 at Ultra.
So how many?
Well, it’s an OK week. I am thinking, four.
Not getting inserts in your paper?
The Tribune is no longer including inserts in some papers, the further you get from the city — and sometimes people in Chicago and the southern burbs are also missing one or both inserts in both delivered and purchased papers. This decision is made by the inserts — they’ll decide not to distribute in certain ZIP codes, or only to distribute a certain number in given areas, so not all papers have them.
Here are a couple of places you can get clipped coupons and/or whole inserts, if the Trib isn’t working for you:
- Coupons & Things by Dede. Dede also has a loyalty program where you earn points for each order, and then can redeem those points towards $ off later orders. She ships fast.
- WeClipUSave — some cheaper than Dede, and often more stock. They also have whole inserts available.
- eBay — Be careful with eBay, though. I recommend that you stick to insert coupons, stay away from FREE coupons, which are sometimes not legit, and avoid sellers that look fishy. Note: This will no longer be a good option starting in September.
- Also check out the Mashup Mom Coupon Trading Group on Facebook!
These are also good places to try if you just want a lot of a single coupon, as it can be more cost effective than buying multiple papers.