- See the full list of what’s supposed to be included at Sunday Coupon Preview.
- Use this as a general guide, because coupons and values can vary regionally. This means that sometimes our papers will not include one or more of the coupons listed, or that one area will get one $ amount on their coupons, we will get another.
In Chicagoland, the Chicago Tribune generally has the most coupons in it — even if the Sun-Times or the DuPage Daily Herald or the other smaller papers have the same inserts, they’re often thinner. (On rare occasions, the Sun-Times will contain a coupon not found in the Trib, but it’s rare enough that it’s worth remarking on when it happens.) If you are outside of Chicagoland, you will want to pick up the largest-circulation paper in your area.
So, what looks good to me?
- C&H $2/1 2lb light bag (10/31).
- Degree $3/1 women clinical or 2 women motionsense products (9/15) ETS.
- Dove $3/2 go sleeveless, go fresh, cleartone anti-perspirants/deodorants or 1 clinical prtoection anti-perspirant/deodorant excludes trial, multi-packs and Men+Care (9/15).
- Gillette $3/1 disposable razor (9/30) ETS. Drugstore deals, this and the deodorant coupons above.
- Superpretzel $1/1 soft pretzel item (9/28). Check size restrictions — Dollar Tree carries Superpretzel, so a possible freebie here.
- Wisk $1/1 laundry detergent 45oz/24 loads+ (9/29).
- Bumble Bee $1/2 premium tuna or salmon pouches (10/31).
- Clif $.50/1 mojo bar, mojo dipped bar or mojo 6pk (10/13) DND. Mojo bars are $.99 at Dominick’s this week, so just $.49 each after coupon.
- Edge $1/1 shave gel or shave cream 5.1oz+ (9/29). Drugstore deals.
- Expo $1.25/2 low odor or original 4ct chisel or fine markers (9/30). If you haven’t yet finished school supplies shopping.
- Several Huggies coupons — but note some for larger 42+ packs.
- Jennie-O $.55/1 turkey bacon 12oz (10/13).
- La Victoria $1/2 products 12oz+ (10/13). This is because I just bought some clearance chiles.
- Nature Valley $.50/1 soft-baked oatmeal squares 6ct+ (10/12). Use on the possible Dominick’s deal.
So how many?
I’m doing four again. You?
Not getting inserts in your paper?
The Tribune is no longer including inserts in some papers, the further you get from the city — and sometimes people in Chicago and the southern burbs are also missing one or both inserts in both delivered and purchased papers. This decision is made by the inserts — they’ll decide not to distribute in certain ZIP codes, or only to distribute a certain number in given areas, so not all papers have them.
Here are a couple of places you can get clipped coupons and/or whole inserts, if the Trib isn’t working for you:
- Klip2Save — No minimums, no fees, same day shipping, and coupons often available as early as the Wed. before they appear in the Sunday paper.
- Coupons & Things by Dede. Dede also has a loyalty program where you earn points for each order, and then can redeem those points towards $ off later orders. She ships fast.
- WeClipUSave — some cheaper than Dede, and often more stock. They also have whole inserts available.
- eBay — Be careful with eBay, though. I recommend that you stick to insert coupons, stay away from FREE coupons, which are sometimes not legit, and avoid sellers that look fishy. Note: This will no longer be a good option starting in September.
- Also check out the Mashup Mom Coupon Trading Group on Facebook!
These are also good places to try if you just want a lot of a single coupon, as it can be more cost effective than buying multiple papers.