- See the full list of what’s supposed to be included at Sunday Coupon Preview.
- Use this as a general guide, because coupons and values can vary regionally. This means that sometimes our papers will not include one or more of the coupons listed, or that one area will get one $ amount on their coupons, we will get another.
In Chicagoland, the Chicago Tribune generally has the most coupons in it — even if the Sun-Times or the DuPage Daily Herald or the other smaller papers have the same inserts, they’re often thinner. (On rare occasions, the Sun-Times will contain a coupon not found in the Trib, but it’s rare enough that it’s worth remarking on when it happens.) If you are outside of Chicagoland, you will want to pick up the largest-circulation paper in your area.
So, what looks good to me?
- Bic $3/1 disposable razor (9/8) ETS. These sometimes go on sale at Ultra for $3-$4.
- Biore $3/1 cleanser (8/19). Drugstore deals!
- Colgate $.75/1 4oz toothpaste (8/24). If it includes the regular paste, that makes it $.25 when it goes on sale.
- Daisy $.50/1 cottage cheese (10/26).
- Hormel $1/2 natural choice deli sandwich meat or chicken strips (10/7).
- Ken’s $1/1 16oz dressing (9/30). This was supposed to be 2/$3.00 at Jewel in the big savings book ad, but they have signs up that it is an error and it’s 2/$5.00 (!). Wait for it to go on sale.
- Nabisco $.75/2 cookie or crackers products 6.5oz+ (9/21) DND.
- Scott $1/6+ rolls towels (9/21).
- Seattle’s Best Coffee $1/1 12oz bag (10/11). Wait for it to go on Dominick’s $5 Friday.
- Brawny $.55/1 paper towels (9/14).
- Gillette $3/1 Fusion ProGlide razor (9/30) ETS. Drugstore deals.
- Land O’Frost $.50/1 bistro favorites, sub sandwich kit or deli shaved (9/11). Use when the lunch meat goes $1.50 at Ultra.
- Nutella $1/1 13oz+ jar (11/30).
- Quilted Northern $.45/1 ultra plush 6 double roll+ (9/11). Use on the Dominick’s $5 Friday sale on the 12 double rolls (extend through Sunday on JFU) and stack with the $.75 back on Quilted Northern Plush on Ibotta. That gets you 12 double rolls for net $3.80 after coupon + Ibotta, or $.16 a roll.
- Venus $3/1 razor excludes disposables and trial (9/30). Drugstore deals.
So how many?
I’m doing four. You?
Not getting inserts in your paper?
The Tribune is no longer including inserts in some papers, the further you get from the city — and sometimes people in Chicago and the southern burbs are also missing one or both inserts in both delivered and purchased papers. This decision is made by the inserts — they’ll decide not to distribute in certain ZIP codes, or only to distribute a certain number in given areas, so not all papers have them.
Here are a couple of places you can get clipped coupons and/or whole inserts, if the Trib isn’t working for you:
- Coupons & Things by Dede. Dede also has a loyalty program where you earn points for each order, and then can redeem those points towards $ off later orders. She ships fast.
- WeClipUSave — some cheaper than Dede, and often more stock. They also have whole inserts available.
- eBay — Be careful with eBay, though. I recommend that you stick to insert coupons, stay away from FREE coupons, which are sometimes not legit, and avoid sellers that look fishy. Note: This will no longer be a good option starting in September.
- Also check out the Mashup Mom Coupon Trading Group on Facebook!
These are also good places to try if you just want a lot of a single coupon, as it can be more cost effective than buying multiple papers.