- See the full list of what’s supposed to be included at Sunday Coupon Preview.
- Use this as a general guide, because coupons and values can vary regionally. This means that sometimes our papers will not include one or more of the coupons listed, or that one area will get one $ amount on their coupons, we will get another.
In Chicagoland, the Chicago Tribune generally has the most coupons in it — even if the Sun Times or the DuPage Daily Herald or the other smaller papers have the same inserts, they’re often thinner. (On rare occasions, the Sun-Times will contain a coupon not found in the Trib, but it’s rare enough that it’s worth remarking on when it happens.) If you are outside of Chicagoland, you will want to pick up the largest-circulation paper in your area.
So, what looks good to me?
- All $2/2 liquid, powder or mighty pacs (4/21)
- Degree/Clear Buy 1 Degree Men product, get 1 Clear Men Scalp Therapy free up to $6.99 (3/24)
- Pure Protein $1/2 bars (4/27). These are always going on sale at drugstores or Jewel.
- Snuggle $.50/1 fabric softener or dryer sheets (4/21). Little boxes of Snuggle run $1.00 at some Dollar Generals.
- Clif Crunch $1/1 5 two-bar pouches box (5/3). There are often Whole Foods coupons to stack.
- Colgate $1/1 4oz Total Advanced, Optic White or Sensitive Pro-Relief (3/30). Generally good for free toothpaste at the drugstores at some point.
- di-gel $1.50/1 antacid or antigas liquid (5/1). Deal coming up at CVS Sunday — it will be better with the higher value from the January inserts, but if you don’t have that one…
- Edge $1/1 5.1oz+ shave gel or shave cream (4/21).
- Franks $.75/1 Redhot sauce (5/15). Generally doesn’t have size restrictions and the small bottles are $1.00 at Dollar General.
- Fresh Express $.55/1 packaged salad (6/10). !!!
- Ken’s $1/1 16oz dressing (4/30). This goes on sale for $1.00.
- POISE $3/1 roll-on cooling gel, body cooling towelettes, personal lubricant, panty fresheners or feminine wash (4/20) ETS. This one has been making products free.
- Speed Stick B1G1 free regular or Lady antiperspirant/deodorant up to $2.99 (3/30) ETS. Maybe it’ll go BOGO again at Jewel or the drugstores.
- Stouffer’s $1.50/1 25-96oz family size, large family size or party size entree (5/31). Sometimes these show up on Dominick’s $5 Friday.
So, how many?
I really like the Fresh Express coupons, if we get them. Wish there were a lot more food coupons, though. I’m dithering. At least four…
Not getting inserts in your paper?
The Tribune is apparently no longer including inserts in some papers, the further you get from the city — and some people in Chicago and the southern burbs are also missing one or both inserts in both delivered and purchased papers. This decision is made by the inserts — they’ll decide not to distribute in certain ZIP codes, or only to distribute a certain number in given areas so not all papers have them.
Here are a couple of places you can get clipped coupons and/or whole inserts, if the Trib isn’t working for you:
- Coupons & Things by Dede. Dede also has a loyalty program where you earn points for each order, and then can redeem those points towards $ off later orders. She ships fast.
- WeClipUSave — some cheaper than Dede, and often more stock. They also have whole inserts available.
These are also good places to try if you just want a lot of a single coupon, as it can be more cost effective than buying multiple papers.
Posts on Mashup Mom may contain affiliate links. Please see the disclosure and disclaimer statement.