- See the full list of what’s supposed to be included over at Coupons, Deals and More.
- Use this as a general guide, because coupons and values can vary regionally. This means that sometimes our papers will not include one or more of the coupons listed, or that one area will get one $ amount on their coupons, we will get another.
In Chicagoland, the Chicago Tribune generally has the most coupons in it — even if the Sun Times or the DuPage Daily Herald or the other smaller papers have the same inserts, they’re often thinner. (On rare occasions, the Sun-Times will contain a coupon not found in the Trib, but it’s rare enough that it’s worth remarking on when it happens.) If you are outside of Chicagoland, you will want to pick up the largest-circulation paper in your area.
So, what looks good to me?
- CoverGirl $3/2 expires 1/31/13
- Dawn Hand Renewal, Power Clean, Bleach Alternative or Oxi 50¢/1 or $1/2 expires 1/31/13. The Hand Renewal goes $.99 or less at CVS pretty often, including this Sunday!
- Ivory or Safeguard Personal Cleansing Products (excludes Ivory dish and laundry) $1/1 or $1/2 expires 1/31/13. Hopefully we’ll get the $1.00/1 this time, which makes the three-bar soap free when it goes on sale.
- Pantene $3/2 expires 1/31/13. CVS deal coming up Sunday, and also it goes 2/$4.00 at Ultra every few weeks.
- Tide Detergent (excludes Pods) $1.50 expires 1/31/13. Higher value than usual.
So, how many?
Four. Even though it’s just a P&G there are some OK values, and if you’re doing P&G deals at CVS it’s good to have multiples available.
Not getting inserts in your paper?
The Tribune is apparently no longer including inserts the further you get from the city — and some people in Chicago and the southern burbs are also missing one or both inserts in both delivered and purchased papers. This decision is made by the inserts — they’ll decide not to distribute in certain ZIP codes, or only to distribute a certain number in given areas so not all papers have them.
Here are a couple of places you can get clipped coupons and/or whole inserts, if the Trib isn’t working for you:
- Coupons & Things by Dede. Dede also has a loyalty program where you earn points for each order, and then can redeem those points towards $ off later orders. She ships fast.
- WeClipUSave — some cheaper than Dede, and often more stock. They also have whole inserts available.
These are also good places to try if you just want a lot of a single coupon, as it can be more cost effective than buying multiple papers.
Posts on Mashup Mom may contain affiliate links. Please see the disclosure and disclaimer statement.