- See the full list of what’s supposed to be included over at Coupons, Deals and More.
- Use this as a general guide, because coupons and values can vary regionally. This means that sometimes our papers will not include one or more of the coupons listed, or that one area will get one $ amount on their coupons, we will get another.
In Chicagoland, the Chicago Tribune generally has the most coupons in it — even if the Sun Times or the DuPage Daily Herald or the other smaller papers have the same inserts, they’re often thinner. (On rare occasions, the Sun-Times will contain a coupon not found in the Trib, but it’s rare enough that it’s worth remarking on when it happens.) If you are outside of Chicagoland, you will want to pick up the largest-circulation paper in your area.
So, what looks good to me?
- Axe Bodyspray (4oz), Antiperspirant (2.7oz) or Deodorant (3oz) $1 expires 12/20/12. On the $5.00 Friday sale at Dominick’s (which you can extend through Sunday on Just for U), Axe or Dove men’s deodorant selected, 2/$5.00. I know some of you are always looking for sale on this stuff… Other coupons include Axe Holiday Pack $3.75 expires 12/30/12. Axe Shower Gel or Detailer (18oz) $2 expires 12/30/12. Axe body wash is on the $5.00 Friday sale as well — I don’t know if that’s the same as “shower gel?”
- Barilla Microwaveable Meal $1 expires 1/26/13. These keep going on sale for $2.00.
- Blistex Lip Care $1/2 expires 1/6/13. $.99 at Dominick’s.
- Carmex Lip 55¢/1 or $1/2 expires 2/28/13. $.99 at Walgreens.
- Kreon Micro-Changers Figure Free (SKU# A2034, value to $3.49) expires 1/31/13.
- POM Wonderful Juice (8oz, 16oz, 24oz or 48oz bottle) 50¢ expires 3/31/13. 8 oz is $1.00 at Jewel through Wed.
- Smart Balance Enhanced Milk 75¢ or $1 or $1.50 expires 1/16/13. See if we get $1.50 again.
- Smithfield Bacon $1/2 expires 3/1/13. BOGO at Dominick’s through Tues but you have to buy four to use.
- Starbucks Coffee Bag (11oz+) $3/2 expires 2/2/13. For the Target deal Sunday!
- All Liquid, Powder or Mighty Pacs $1 expires 1/13/13.
- Goya Coconut Product $1/2 expires 2/15/13. These go on sale at Ultra and Pete’s.
- Mazola Oil or Spray 55¢ expires 2/3/13. 40 oz Mazola is $2.99 at Tony’s and Pete’s this week.
- McCormick Spice, Herb, Extract or Food Coloring 50¢ expires 1/6/13.
- Nivea Lip Care $3/2 expires 12/16/12. Should make it free at some point.
So, how many?
I’m thinking… four.
Not getting inserts in your paper?
The Tribune is apparently no longer including inserts the further you get from the city — and some people in Chicago and the southern burbs are also missing one or both inserts in both delivered and purchased papers. This decision is made by the inserts — they’ll decide not to distribute in certain ZIP codes, or only to distribute a certain number in given areas so not all papers have them.
Here are a couple of places you can get clipped coupons and/or whole inserts, if the Trib isn’t working for you:
- Coupons & Things by Dede. Dede also has a loyalty program where you earn points for each order, and then can redeem those points towards $ off later orders. She ships fast.
- WeClipUSave — some cheaper than Dede, and often more stock. They also have whole inserts available.
These are also good places to try if you just want a lot of a single coupon, as it can be more cost effective than buying multiple papers.
Posts on Mashup Mom may contain affiliate links. Please see the disclosure and disclaimer statement.