- See the full list of what’s supposed to be included over at Coupons, Deals and More.
- Use this as a general guide, because coupons and values can vary regionally. This means that sometimes our papers will not include one or more of the coupons listed, or that one area will get one $ amount on their coupons, we will get another.
In Chicagoland, the Chicago Tribune generally has the most coupons in it — even if the Sun Times or the DuPage Daily Herald or the other smaller papers have the same inserts, they’re often thinner. (On rare occasions, the Sun-Times will contain a coupon not found in the Trib, but it’s rare enough that it’s worth remarking on when it happens.) If you are outside of Chicagoland, you will want to pick up the largest-circulation paper in your area.
So, what looks good to me?
- $1.00/1 4-pack Activia. These are 3/$5.00 at Dominick’s through Wed.
- Heinz Homestyle Gravy Products $1/2 expires 2/28/13. This is $1.00 at Pete’s Market this week and goes $1.00 elsewhere pretty often.
- Hormel Natural Choice Deli Sandwich Meat or Chicken Strips 50¢ expires 3/11/13.
- Ken’s Dressing (16oz) $1 expires 2/28/13. This sometimes goes on sale for $1.00.
- Mott’s Snack & Go Pouch (4pk) or Single-Serve Applesauce or Medleys Cups (6pk) 55¢ expires 2/24/13. Haven’t seen one in a while.
- Ortega Products 50¢/2 or $1/3 expires 3/31/13. Black beans are cheap at Target, also will be nice for seasoning packets or when taco shells go on sale.
- Planters Peanut Butter $1 expires 2/10/13. Use to get FREE Nut*rition jars at Dollar Tree.
- Purchase four (4) participating Post Healthy Cereal (Great Grains (16oz), Raisin Bran (20 or 25oz), Spoon Size Shredded Wheat (16.4oz), Honey Nut Shredded Wheat (20oz), Shredded Wheat ‘N Bran (18oz), Shredded Wheat Original Big Biscuit (15oz), Grape Nuts (24 or 30oz), Grape Nuts Flakes (18oz), Grape Nuts Fit (19.2oz+)), Receive a Gallon of Milk Free (value to $3.99) expires 2/24/13. There is also $1.00/1 Grape Nuts and $1.00/1 Shredded Wheat, so wait for Walgreens to have a sale and use both together for a good deal.
- Scott Towels (6rolls+) $1 expires 2/23/13. Wait for an ECB sale at CVS.
- South Beach Diet Snack Bars or Sweet Delights $1 expires 3/31/13. Occasionally drugstore deals here.
- Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles $1 expires 2/24/13. These occasionally go on sale for $2-$2.50.
- Purina ONE beyOnd Cat Food (16oz) Free (value to $3.25) or (3#+) $3.25 expires 2/13/13. My cats need food! I need these coupons!
- Quaker Chewy Granola Bars or Quaker Soft Baked Bars 75¢/2 or $1/2 expires 2/9/13 and Quaker Instant, Standard or Real Medleys Oatmeal, Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Whole Hearts or Quaker Life Cereal 75¢/2 or $1/2 expires 2/9/13. At Ultra, these are $1.48 and $1.88 on the buy five save $5 instantly sale through Wed.
So, how many?
Oh, this is a tough one, lol. Only two inserts but some really nice values — and the free cat food is a real draw for me.
Not getting inserts in your paper?
The Tribune is apparently no longer including inserts in some papers, the further you get from the city — and some people in Chicago and the southern burbs are also missing one or both inserts in both delivered and purchased papers. This decision is made by the inserts — they’ll decide not to distribute in certain ZIP codes, or only to distribute a certain number in given areas so not all papers have them.
Here are a couple of places you can get clipped coupons and/or whole inserts, if the Trib isn’t working for you:
- Coupons & Things by Dede. Dede also has a loyalty program where you earn points for each order, and then can redeem those points towards $ off later orders. She ships fast.
- WeClipUSave — some cheaper than Dede, and often more stock. They also have whole inserts available.
These are also good places to try if you just want a lot of a single coupon, as it can be more cost effective than buying multiple papers.
Posts on Mashup Mom may contain affiliate links. Please see the disclosure and disclaimer statement.