- Preview the 10/6 Red Plum, the 10/6 SmartSource 1, and the 10/6 SmartSource 2 at We Use Coupons.
- See the bottom of this post for a list of clipping services to find additional coupons.
- Use this as a general guide, because coupons and values can vary regionally. This means that sometimes our papers will not include one or more of the coupons listed, or that one area will get one $ amount on their coupons, we will get another.
In Chicagoland, the Chicago Tribune generally has the most coupons in it — even if the Sun-Times or the DuPage Daily Herald or the other smaller papers have the same inserts, they’re often thinner. (On rare occasions, the Sun-Times will contain a coupon not found in the Trib, but it’s rare enough that it’s worth remarking on when it happens.) If you are outside of Chicagoland, you will want to pick up the largest-circulation paper in your area.
So, what looks good to me?
- Disney/Marvel $1/1 Any vitamin (11/20). Disney gummies are $3.50 at Jewel through Tues.
- Jimmy Dean $.55/1 product (11/3). On the buy four save $4 instant sale at Meijer: Jimmy Dean sausage rolls, links, patties, crumbles, $1.89.
- Marcal $1/1 Bath or towel 6ct+ or 1 napkin (11/16). Often on sale at Ultra.
- M&Ms, Snickers, Twix, Milky Way, 3 Musketeers $1.50/3 Bag (10/31). For your Halloween candy shopping fun.
- Right Guard $1.50/1 xtreme antiperspirant, deordorant or personal care product (11/3). This has been included in the drugstore deals recently.
- Alexia $.55/1 frozen item (11/17/13).
- Gevalia $1.50/1 coffee (11/2/13).
- Fisher $1/1 recipe nut item 10oz+ (12/1/13).
- Mott’s $1/1 juice any size, 2 4pk snack & go pouches, or 2 6pk applesauce or medleys cups (11/17/13)
So how many?
I’m thinking four — the Mott’s coupon alone makes it a wash if you are buying your coupons for $1.00 at Dollar Tree, and everything after that is gravy.
Not getting inserts in your paper?
The Tribune is no longer including inserts in some papers, the further you get from the city — and sometimes people in Chicago and the southern burbs are also missing one or both inserts in both delivered and purchased papers. This decision is made by the inserts — they’ll decide not to distribute in certain ZIP codes, or only to distribute a certain number in given areas, so not all papers have them.
Here are a few places you can get clipped coupons and/or whole inserts, if the Trib isn’t working for you:
- Klip2Save — No minimums, no fees, same day shipping, and coupons often available as early as the Wed. before they appear in the Sunday paper.
- Coupons & Things by Dede. Dede also has a loyalty program where you earn points for each order, and then can redeem those points towards $ off later orders. She ships fast.
- WeClipUSave — some cheaper than Dede, and often more stock. They also have whole inserts available.
- Also check out the Mashup Mom Coupon Trading Group on Facebook!
These are also good places to try if you just want a lot of a single coupon, as it can be more cost effective than buying multiple papers.