- Preview the 10/13 Red Plum here, and the 10/13 SmartSource here.
- See the bottom of this post for a list of clipping services to find additional coupons.
- Use this as a general guide, because coupons and values can vary regionally. This means that sometimes our papers will not include one or more of the coupons listed, or that one area will get one $ amount on their coupons, we will get another.
In Chicagoland, the Chicago Tribune generally has the most coupons in it — even if the Sun-Times or the DuPage Daily Herald or the other smaller papers have the same inserts, they’re often thinner. (On rare occasions, the Sun-Times will contain a coupon not found in the Trib, but it’s rare enough that it’s worth remarking on when it happens.) If you are outside of Chicagoland, you will want to pick up the largest-circulation paper in your area.
So, what looks good to me?
- $3.75/2 Lever 2000 6-Pack, or larger and/or Lever 2000 body washes, excludes trail and travel sizes (11/10).
- $2.00/1 Cheer, excludes trial and travel size (11/30).
- $1.00/1 Era 25 oz. or larger, excludes trial and travel size (11/30). This is $1.88 (limit 2) at Ultra through Wed.!
- Blue Diamond $.55/1 chilled or shelf stable Almond Breeze almondmilk (12/13/13).
- Colgate $.50/1 toothpaste 4oz+ (10/26/13)<
- Cottonelle $.50/2 toilet paper 4pks or 1 9pk+ (11/16/13).
- Garnier Fructis $1.50/1 shampoo, conditioner or treatment ets (11/23/13).
- Lavazza $2/1 product (12/31/13)
- Progresso $.50/1 Recipe Starters cooking sauce (12/7/13). Check Dollar Tree to see if they still have these 2/$1.00.
- Scott $.75/6+ towels rolls (11/24/13) and Scott $.75/8+ bath tissue rolls (11/24/13) are good for drugstore deals.
So how many?
Not getting inserts in your paper?
The Tribune is no longer including inserts in some papers, the further you get from the city — and sometimes people in Chicago and the southern burbs are also missing one or both inserts in both delivered and purchased papers. This decision is made by the inserts — they’ll decide not to distribute in certain ZIP codes, or only to distribute a certain number in given areas, so not all papers have them.
Here are a few places you can get clipped coupons and/or whole inserts, if the Trib isn’t working for you:
- Klip2Save — No minimums, no fees, same day shipping, and coupons often available as early as the Wed. before they appear in the Sunday paper.
- Coupons & Things by Dede. Dede also has a loyalty program where you earn points for each order, and then can redeem those points towards $ off later orders. She ships fast.
- WeClipUSave — some cheaper than Dede, and often more stock. They also have whole inserts available.
- Also check out the Mashup Mom Coupon Trading Group on Facebook!
These are also good places to try if you just want a lot of a single coupon, as it can be more cost effective than buying multiple papers.