HoneyBaked Ham — A blogger event, a review, and a coupon for youPosted at 11:45 am by rachel in blog tour, coupons, restaurants
Last week I had the opportunity to attend a local blogger event at the HoneyBaked Ham in Naperville. It’s kind of tucked back in there, so you can find it just north of Ogden on Naper at 1512 North Naper Boulevard.
We got to sample a bit of everything — and that meat there? NOT actually ham. Pictured: both turkey and smoked turkey. The turkey was nice, but that smoked turkey is something special. They also carry pork roasts, beef roasts, and, of course their signature spiral sliced extra super glazed ham. And, the glaze is gluten free. Almost none of the sides are, however (including even items you’d expect to be, such as the cinnamon apples pictured above), so read your labels!
For a little store front, they stock a lot: Everything from fully-cooked heat & serve sides, to desserts, to condiments, to soup mixes (and they’ll sell you the ham bone to go with, too).
Hams arrive pre-smoked (up to 24 hours!), and then are glazed fresh daily in the store. Lots of items arrive fresh: Chicagoland locations get their bread delivered fresh daily from Highland Bakery in Highland Park, and the Naperville location has fresh produce delivered three times a week. What’s the bread for? Sandwiches, box lunches, and catering: They do both corporate and personal event catering. They also sent us home with some slices (pictured above) and a couple of sides for dinner the next day.
Why yes, that is potatoes and potatoes. Don’t ask, and no, we didn’t eat both for dinner: What’s nice about the sides is that they freeze right in these containers, so you can buy ahead and save for your holiday meal. Just heat and serve… and if you stick it in a different container, no one will know
Everyday and holiday
Beyond the holidays, they provide full everyday dinners. You’re busy, you don’t always have time to cook, and you can pick up an entire meal there. Although they are of course busiest during the holidays and sell amazing numbers of hams a day, they also offer full meal options year-round.
If your school or organization is looking for a fundraising opportunity, talk to your local store about selling coupon booklets. The nice thing about these is that you don’t have to buy a set amount and then get stuck with them if they don’t sell; you only pay HoneyBaked for what sells.
And a coupon for you!
This is a money-saving blog, so this post just wouldn’t be complete without some money-saving options:
- HoneyBaked Ham provided us with a $10 off any complete dinner coupon to share with you! Print your HoneyBaked Ham $10 coupon here, and use through 12/31 — so, good through the holidays, and how convenient is that.
- And, if you’re planning on the occasional HoneyBaked dinner, be sure to grab their punch card: Buy five dinners, get the 6th at 50% off. This applies to any dinners, so you could use throughout the year on the smaller family meals to earn those five punches, then get your bigger holiday dinner for half off!
- Head over to the HoneyBaked Ham Facebook page and like them for additional coupons. Right now they’re featuring $4.00 off any turkey breast 2lbs or larger.
- But wait, more coupons! Head to their site, choose your store location, and print coupons for your particular store.
- And, sign up for their emails for additional VIP offers via email.
I attended a blogger event sponsored by HoneyBaked Ham and received samples of HoneyBaked Ham products to review for purposes of this post. I was not financially compensated for this post, and all opinions here are my own.
Posts on Mashup Mom may contain affiliate links. Please see the disclosure and disclaimer statement.