So — the FTD Groupon is not combinable with ANY special offers you find without going directly to FTD.com. So here are several FTD options — one might be cheaper than another, depending on shipping charges for the item you’re looking at and the discount for going through one link or another.
- Get FREE shipping from FTD on select Valentine’s Day flowers and gifts — TODAY 2/6/13 ONLY! This, you get only by going through this link; it’s not available if you go directly to the FTD site. However, some of the prices are higher. For example: I looked at the single heart bamboo. If you go through the free shipping link, it’s $49.99. If you go directly to FTD.com, it’s $45.99.
- If you have Shoprunner, you can get free shipping by going through your Shoprunner account, but can’t combine with the Groupon. I no longer have my Shoprunner trial, so don’t know if the prices differ if you go through Shoprunner.
- You can buy an FTD Groupon: $20 for $40. You can’t use this with any other link than by just typing in FTD.com. Now, whether this will be a better deal than the free shipping, depends on what you are buying. If for example you are buying the bamboo, it’s $45.99 if you go directly to FTD.com, and shipping charges are $19.99. So the Groupon basically pays for the shipping, and you save $4 by buying the Groupon and going directly to FTD rather than using the free shipping link. With the free shipping link, you save $19.99 and pay $49.99 for the bamboo. Groupon: You save $20 and pay $45.99 for the bamboo.
- Now, if you go through this special savings link, you save up to 25% depending on the item. This link makes the bamboo $39.99 — so you save $10 over going directly to FTD.com, but it again won’t combine with the Groupon.
Having fun yet? I’m pretty annoyed — I just contacted Groupon and asked for a refund, because I think the wording there on it being good with special offers on the FTD site is misleading — I got that you can’t use with codes, but think it’s unclear that you can’t go through other links for better pricing. We’ll see.
- Anyway, if you want to do FTD this year for Valentine’s Day, look at the different options and see which will get you the end lowest price for the product you’re buying. That is all.
Posts on Mashup Mom may contain affiliate links. Please see the disclosure and disclaimer statement.