Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 8/6/17: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
Did you catch this one?
Back in May I visited my local ALDI and my local Walmart to compare prices. As always, both stores’ prices will vary by region and by day, but: Who do you think came out ahead? 😉 See the price comparison charts here!
But back to this week’s ALDI meal plan…
Let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, just $60.00 out the door! Hope you find the free ALDI meal plans useful.
ALDI meal planning week of 8/6/17 – 8/12/17
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil and spices. *** Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 8/6/17
Note: This week’s plan is heavy on ground beef because the best meat sale this week is on a large 5 lb pack. If this is too much beef for you for one week, freeze part for later and mix up one or more of these dinner ideas with something else you froze from a previous week. More here on how to modify a meal plan for your family.
- Sunday: Homemade chicken soup with pesto egg salad sandwiches — Hard boil five eggs, then chop and mix with about 1/4 cup mayo, 1 Tbsp pesto, salt & pepper to taste, and chopped celery & onion to taste. Serve each person either a half or a whole sandwich (kids half, hungry men whole) on wide pan bread along with the soup and a side of fresh cherries.
- Monday: Naan pesto pizza with roasted tomatoes. Side: Salad with the rest of your bag of spinach.
- Tuesday: Easy beef enchilada pie (use 1.5 lbs ground beef), topped with salsa & chopped grape tomatoes. On the side: Sour cream cucumber salad (use mini cukes and regular yellow onion; don’t peel cucumbers) .
- Wednesday: Swedish meatballs (use 1.5 lbs ground beef), served over egg noodles. On the side: Grapes, leftover chicken soup, and toast.
- Thursday: Breakfast burritos for dinner. (Skip the freezing part; just make and eat! Fry up the whole pack of bacon tonight and reserve the second half for Friday’s dinner.) Serve with watermelon & grapes.
- Friday: Pan fried or grilled hamburgers topped with sauteed mushrooms, onions, and bacon (slice and saute about half an onion + 8 oz mushrooms with a little sea salt in olive oil or butter until browned and softened, then top burgers with cooked mushrooms, onions, mayo, and the leftover cooked bacon from Thursday). Side: Salad topped with carrot coins & any leftover grape tomatoes, plus watermelon.
- Saturday: Leftovers, family pizza night (ALDI sells a nice big take-and-bake deli pizza), eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 8/5/17
Dairy & refrigerated
8 oz Priano fresh mozzarella ball, $1.99
12 oz Happy Farms shredded cheddar, $1.89
16 oz Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.19
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $.99
Specially Selected naan, $3.49
Priano Genovese pesto, $1.69
Can Happy Harvest corn, $.48
Can Dakota’s Pride black beans, $.59
Two 8 oz cans Happy Harvest tomato sauce, $.50
Can Pueblo Lindo mild chopped green chiles, $.65
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.89
L’Oven Fresh hamburger buns, $.83
Reggano egg noodles, $1.19
Can Chef’s Cupboard chicken broth, $.49
Progresso bread crumbs, $1.49
SimplyNature organic salsa, $1.89
L’Oven Fresh wide pan bread, $1.29
Burman’s 30 oz mayo, $1.89
SimplyNature organic salad dressing, $1.99
5 lb pack 73/27 ground beef, $9.95
Appleton Farms 16 oz premium bacon, $3.69
3.5 lb Kirkwood whole chicken, $3.33
8 oz Little Salad Bar bagged spinach, $1.49
16 oz mini cucumbers, $.99
Two packs 8 oz whole white mushrooms, $1.38
2 pints grape tomatoes, $1.78
3 lb yellow onions, $1.99
3 heads garlic, $1.19
2 lbs carrots, $1.19
2 lbs green grapes, $1.58
1 lb cherries, $1.49
Bagged garden salad, $.89
Large seedless watermelon, $2.69
That comes to $60.33.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
*** Download this week’s shopping list in Word format so that you can edit and add in your own meal ideas, remove items you already have on hand, change regional pricing to match your own store, etc. *** New: This week I’ve added day(s) next to each item so that you can easily see what to delete from the shopping list if you’re skipping a night.
Things to know about the ALDI meal plans
A couple of notes
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week.
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste, or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt the recipes in this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences — or just use the ideas here to supplement your own meal planning.
Ad markets and dates
This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 7/30-8/5 in Sunday ad markets and 8/2-8/8 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 8/2/17 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but non-advertised prices and produce deals *may vary* by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 8/6/17.
Can’t get enough ALDI savings?
If you enjoy these ALDI meal plans and savings, you might also enjoy my eBook: Almost All ALDI: Shopping and Meal Planning Around Sales and Seasons.
Stay in the loop
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- And if you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well? 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!