Here is your easy ALDI meal plan for the week of 12/11/16. Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday! Hope you find it useful.
Note: I try not to repeat the same recipe here more than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again as the same meats and produce items come up on sale again. 🙂
ALDI meal plan week of 12/11/16 – 12/17/16
Six complete dinners for a family of four for $60.00
Note: Prices are collected from this week’s ad and my local store, but may vary by location. I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like olive oil and spices on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
- Sunday: Ham in the Crock-Pot. Sides: Crescent rolls, oven roasted asparagus, oven roasted potatoes.
- Monday: Oven baked chicken drumsticks — simply pat dry with a paper towel, then season with Kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder & bake at 400 degrees for about an hour or until cooked through, flipping over halfway through cooking time. Sides: Apple slices, honey roasted carrots, sauteed spinach. Also: Shred leftover chicken and reserve for Tuesday’s dinner.
- Tuesday: Chipotle chicken chili with the leftover chicken from Monday. Sides: Mandarin oranges, tortilla chips, spinach salad.
- Wednesday: Ham & broccoli deep dish quiche. (Thaw pie crust and press into deep dish pie pan. Mince an onion & a couple garlic cloves & dice up about half the broccoli florets. Saute onion & broccoli til softened, add garlic and saute briefly, then arrange veggies + 1.5 cups diced cooked ham on bottom of pie pan. Beat 7 eggs with 1 cup half & half, 2 cups shredded cheddar, and a little black pepper, paprika, & salt, then pour over. Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for one hour or until set, removing foil for last 10-15 minutes. Allow to set a bit before slicing.) Sides: Salad, apple slices, and mandarin oranges.
- Thursday: Spaghetti Carbonara. (Double the batch to use the whole box of pasta, 4 eggs, and 8 slices bacon — and crumble the rest of the bacon to use in, and as garnish on, Friday’s recipe. Substitute pre-shredded Parmesan for freshly grated.) Sides: Mandarin oranges, green beans, & steam up the rest of the broccoli; plus make garlic bread from half the Turano loaf.
- Friday: Instant Pot ham & potato soup. No Instant Pot? Saute onions and boil potatoes on stove top, mash with roasted garlic, and proceed with the rest of the soup on stove top instead. Sides: Apple slices & the rest of the Turano loaf.
- Saturday: Leftovers — or date night!
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen large eggs, $.49
16 oz shredded cheddar, $2.99
8 oz cream cheese, $.85
Priano shredded Parmesan, $1.99
Bake House Creations crescents, $.99
Friendly Farms quart half & half, $1.89
Belmont deep dish pie crust, $1.69
32 oz SimplyNature organic chicken broth, $1.69
SimplyNature 16 oz organic spaghetti, $1.19
SimplyNature organic black beans, $.79
2 cans Dakota cannellini beans, $1.30
4 oz Pueblo Lindo chopped green chiles, $.65
7 oz Pueblo Lindo chipotles in adobo, $.99
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $1.19
Specially Selected vinaigrette, $1.99
Turano Pane Italian bread, $3.69
Meat & seafood
7 lb Appleton Farms smoked shank portion ham, $6.23
16 oz Appleton Farms bacon, $3.49
6 lb chicken drumsticks, $4.14
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.49
2 lb sweet onions, $1.69
3 heads garlic, $.99
One lime, $.19
3 lb Cuties mandarins, $2.39
3 lb Michigan Gala apples, $1.49
5 lb bag red potatoes, $2.49
2 bags spinach, $3.58
Bag salad, $1.99
2 lbs carrots, $1.19
16 oz asparagus, $1.99
16 oz green beans, $1.99
That comes to $59.70.
You can adapt this ALDI meal plan
Adapt this ALDI meal plan to your own family’s preferences or use it to supplement your own meal planning for the week. These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, produce you have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
Browse all the weekly ALDI meal plans here, noting that some prices may have changed since originally posted.