I told you about this one last month, but figured a reminder was in order — just a couple more weeks til the pickup date, and it looks like they’re not sold out yet. Zaycon Foods has opened up pick-up dates for 93/7 ground beef in July.
- If you’re not in IL, they’ve opened up other events all across the country, too, so see what’s by you.
If you’re not familiar with Zaycon Foods,
- They sell fresh meat products by the case.
- Head to local pickup locations at a specified date and time to pick up your order.
- They schedule events across the country.
- Here’s my old review of their chicken, if you’re curious and want to see some pix!
About the ground beef
- LFTB Free (no pink slime)
- The beef cattle have a grass diet which is supplemented by grain after they reach approximately 700 pounds.
- There are no hormones or antibiotics in the beef and it is 100% grown in the USA.
- There are no chemicals, additives or water added to meat during processing.
- Processed at a USDA-inspected, state-of-the-art plant employing strict operating protocols (including HACCP) and the highest in food-safety standards
- Prior to processing, inspectors from the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service randomly sample cattle under a monitoring plan and perform testing for antibiotic residues.
- USDA nutrition labeling standards defines “extra lean” and “lean” ground beef based on the lean/fat ratio. While not part of these guidelines, the term “super lean” is often used in the grocery sector to describe ground beef at the upper end of the “lean” category (i.e., “Zaycon Foods 93/7 Super Lean Ground Beef”). This ground beef product is 93% lean and 7% fat
- Comes in a 40-lb case with four 10-lb chubs per case
- Just $3.49/lb!
How much meat did you say that was again?
They do add tax, but it’s low IL-food-tax.
- 40 pounds of beef at $3.49/lb = $139.60 + $3.14 tax = $142.74.
- $3.49/lb is really good for 93/7, and this looks better than the beef they had last time, looking at the description.
Pickup locations and getting together
Hopefully there is a date and time that will work for you. Head over to Zaycon to place your order now.
- And, please feel free to chat and get together in comments about splitting orders, if these are too large for your family.
- You can also talk about splitting orders over in the Mashup Mom Coupon Trading Facebook group.
Illinois and nearby locations and dates for the GROUND BEEF event include:
Bolingbrook — Wed. 7/31
Elk Grove Village — Wed. 7/31
Franklin, WI — Tues. 7/30
Gurnee — Wed. 7/31
Joliet — Thurs. 8/1
Kankakee — Wed. 7/31
Lindenhurst — Wed. 7/31
Menomonee Falls, WI — Tues. 7/30
Naperville — Wed. 7/31
South Bend, IN — Fri. 8/9
Tinley Park — Thurs. 8/1