Reader Deals 7/28/15: Here are the deals, heads up, and requests you shared over the last 24 hours — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
- Email Rachel: email@example.com.
- Comment below, or on any post where it seems to fit.
- Post on the Mashup Mom Facebook page.
*** If you are sharing a deal from another site or an online coupon, please include the link. If you found a deal at a specific store, please include the location.
- Suzann comments on the Fancy Feast cans deal: “That is a deal–I have not seen that price on Fancy Feast cans in a long time(probably a decade) and that was when a store was closing.”
- On the Children’s Place 50% off blowout sale, Robin says: “And use code BTSDMFY20 to get another 20% off!”
- One from northwesternly: “For you “Super Couponers” who can spare the time, just saw this on Craigslist: (posted shortly after midnight, Tues 7/28). $300 for a 4 hr In-Home interview on Super Couponing. “Do you regularly clip coupons and find online deals? Do you have a great way to store and organize the coupons you’ve found? We’d like to learn more from you about how you find the best deals.” Jump & Associates is looking for you. To see more and apply –> http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/etc/5144393988.html — They seem legit; located at 1 N LaSalle, Suite 1800, Chgo.”
- On the Buddig coupon stack, Linda comments: “I had the $1/5 coupon in my my is account, and used the checkout51 offer the other day. They were originally $.79 each at Jewel.”
- From letsshop on the $1.00 Crest toothpaste question: “My Mariano’s in Western Springs happened to have about a dozen left at $1 they are not going to carry that particular flavor of paste any longer ,so I was able to buy all the amount that he had left .”
- On the earlier question on brand name school supplies, Rebecca comments: “Yes, when a teacher’s list specifies the brand, it’s for a reason – because they have found it’s the brand that works best, and, as someone noted, because it’s more than likely that it’s all going in a group container anyway. Crayola is always tops. Stay away from Rose Art crayons, and don’t do generic pencils. Your kid will spend more time re-sharpening than writing, LOL.”
- TracyS concurs: “DO NOT USE THE MARKERS FROM MENARDS!!!! They didnt even all work straight out of the package. As for black pens at Menards, I found some in the Niles/morton grove store.”
- And Karen says: “The Menards in Hanover Park had plenty of stock for both blue and black pens.”
- A find from SoapboxTray: “Target has a 20% off Save on clearance car seats, strollers and play yards All clearance items in Dept 30/Class 9. I found a $179. Safety 1st convertible car seat marked down to $50ish and after 20% $43. Can’t find something this nice even on Craigslist for this price. They had some really nice clearanced play yards at the Lake Zurich store and strollers.”
- A question on the Cartwheel pop deals from ellen: “i have 2 $3.00/1 12 pk coke from mcr. has anyone used coke coupons with this deal? I am wondering if I would get the full $3.00 off 2 of the 12 packs and if it would take the 35% off the full amount or after the coupons.”
- And from Kari O.: “Yes, Crayola is specifically listed because of its high quality. My teacher friend was complaining about generic “washable” markers that stained kids and had parents upset. Also, it helps prevent parents from buying special hello kitty or spiderman themed markers and then watching the kids freak out when they are all mixed into one group marker bucket. PS: I know you are talking about markers, but in general I believe in using high quality art supplies. http://wgntv.com/2015/07/09/group-finds-asbestos-in-childrens-crayons-toy-crime-lab-kits/ I know it’s pretty unlikely but I would rather not be the parent who buys the cool TMNT crayons instead of Crayola and accidentally exposes the children to asbestos.”
- On the Illinois-only Whole Foods deals to celebrate the new Evanston store opening, Judy shares: “There is a $1/1 MC for 16 oz glass bottles of Honest Iced Tea in the Spring Mambo Sprouts booklet that Fresh Thyme gave out making it free. The coupon expires 7/31.”