Here are some of the deals (and heads up!) YOU found recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
If you are sharing a deal from another site or an online coupon, please include the link. If you found a deal at a specific store, please include the location.
- *** Disclaimer: All of the deals below come straight from readers.
- Nikki shares: “I’ve purchased several Starbucks gc from Raise and always transferred the amount from the voucher to my Starbucks card without any problems. All of the Starbucks gc I’ve purchased have been at a 20% discount. Last week I purchased Subway and the actual gc was received in the mail within 5 days of the original purchase. I am very careful to only buy gc that have good discounts and there are many.”
- From Kim: “Gramma, I have purchased from cardpool many times without problems. I have found it a great way to save a little extra money. If nothing else, the savings cover taxes. Combined with other sales and discounts, it’s a win!”
- Jen adds: “My apologies if someone already mentioned this, but Target actually discounts some gift cards when you use your Red Card. Now, I do NOT know if it’s all gift cards or just specific types because, frankly, I haven’t gotten around to researching it yet. But I know some are eligible because I bought Disney cards and got the discount. We’re going to Disney World and I had learned on one of the Disney travel forums that if you bought the cards at Target you’d get 5% off and they can be used to pay for hotels, food, etc. None of the employees at Target knew, and in fact they insisted it wouldn’t work, so I bought one test card and it worked like a charm. Now I’m buying batches of cards each time I’m there, which is helping us pay for our vacation slowly over time AND saving us 5%.”
- Maureen says: “Jen, you are so right – we paid for both a Disney Cruise and a Disney vacation with gift cards from Target. When you’re spending 1000s on a family vacation a 5% savings can add up to hundreds of dollars.”
- Another option from Kari O.: “I reload my Starbucks goldcard at the kiosks inside Target and use my RedCard…. Automatic 5% discount. An employee told me about it. I also sometimes use MM Target giftcards as payment to reload my Starbucks goldcard. lol”
- But Rita says: “I checked Panera and Subway discounts on Raise. These are not a deal. Check out giftcardgranny.com for any merchant you are interested in. A listing of all sellers show up with discount and fees. Click on the ‘discount’ heading and they will be listed highest to lowest. They also reference return policies of each company. I buy cards often. Have had two issues with the value not being on the card but was refunded quickly by both companies. Use them within the guarantee.”
- A heads up from Charlotte: “My husband has a lot of these shirts. Be aware that they are fairly thin and with regular use will last 9 months to 1 year.”
- From dani: “thanks Yvette, so I ventured over to jewel on wise and roselle and sure enough 12.49 minus 3.50. I stocked up big time. If I can get double rolls for 30 cents or less…it’s major stock up time. I would have bought more, but I am afraid of my husband’s response. the kids right now are having a super fun time in the basement playing nerf guns with the TP walls that they built. I did pay 12.49 plus minus a 1Q at my palatine store which is still a stock up price fur us. thanks again! if you are in the Schaumburg area…go get some TP. They still had a lot there.”
- And Cari says: “Palos heights $12.49-$3.50 instant =D”
- Rita comments: “The Ortega black beans w/jalapenos are priced at $.89. Use the $1.00/2 on Wednesday Double daze and get them for free. I think the link is ortega.com/promotions. I make 4 cups of rice (cooked) and then mix with bite sized Kielbasa that I have browned, a can of ortega black beans w/jalapenos, a can of corn, a couple of handfuls of grated cheese, cumin to taste (I like alot) and a splash or two of chicken broth and call it dinner! Obviously you can really play around with the ingredients on this one!”
- A warning from Pam: “Ugh, so I went to the Mariano’s in Shorewood, they did not have this milk. Couldn’t even find a spot for it. Finally asked a guy and he said that they were having a problem with receiving milk that was only a week away from expiration, and ended up often throwing a ton of it out, so until “they fix the problem” they are not going to carry it. Hmmm….maybe it might not have been a good idea to put it in the ad, then? Also, didn’t have much of the Noosa yoghurt. None of the flavors that I wanted were in stock, such as Pineapple, Honey, or the seasonal Pumpkin. Man, do I wish that store was still a Dominick’s! Really not impressed at all!”
- From Ashley on the diapers: “Some of the Jumbo packs are 38ct or more, and not triggering, but people are calling catalina and having it honored. But it is rolling, even though it is a store coupon”
- From Laura: “Hi Don, and fellow rain barrel users. I too am a rain barrel fan. But the mosquitos this year have been so bad because of all the rain. so my question is Are mosquito laying eggs inside my rain barrels? If so what do I do about it? Thanks”
- Pam asks: “I’m wondering about Zaycon Foods chicken…..we’ve purchased it before and were happy with our purchase but that was before the whole “chinese chicken” I’ve read about. Zaycon’s site says the chicken comes directly from the “processor” but where does it come from before that? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks!”
- On expiration dates changing, Kari O. says: “Cartwheel offers can disapear quicker than intended, kinda like when printable coupons are out of prints. So, most likely the offer is nearing its limit so the expiration date got moved up quicker.”
- From seachicago: “Here’s a decent Barilla deal for city shoppers: Treasure Island has most varieties of Barilla pasta on sale this week for 88 cents, limit 4. Barilla sauce is also on sale for $2.50, and I found a tearpad next to the sauces with a q for $1 off Barilla sauce when you buy 2 Barilla pastas. So, buy 4 pastas (use 2qs 55 cents/2 from 9/7 SS) and 2 sauces (use 2 $1 tearpad qs) for $5.42 + tax. I think TI is a Centrella store, so maybe this deal is running at other stores, too.”
- A report from savinlikeu): “Went to Walgreens and purchaced 3 bags of Riesen candys (Love these!) and out prints a manf. Q for 2$ off three, stack with wags store Q and there only aprox. .17 each piece I of course rinse, lather, repeated! Each time you get a new 2/off 3 Q”
- Kitty emails: “Walgreens has Mentos candy on a monthly deal for 59c. Shopmium has 50c back, so 9c.”
- Something to check for from Eun: “I have a $1 Imagine Chunky Style Soups (Italian Style Wedding is considered “chunky”) offer from checkout51. Check if you have it too?” Not everyone does, but worth checking!