Reader Deals 9/2/15: Here are the deals, heads up, and requests you shared over the last 24
hours — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
- Email Rachel: email@example.com.
- Comment below, or on any post where it seems to fit.
- Post on the Mashup Mom Facebook page.
*** If you are sharing a deal from another site or an online coupon, please include the link. If you found a deal at a specific store, please include the location.
- Caroline recommends: “Wisconsin Cheese Corp. is owned by the other Caputo brother, Pasquale. He has two retail shops one in Melrose Park and the other in Lake Forest. Prices are a lot cheaper most days depending on what cheese your looking for. Worth a stop once in a while. http://www.wisconcorp.com/caputocheese.html“
- Several of you commented that a $4.00 rebate for Calendula cream just showed up on Ibotta — so if you bought it last week and still have your receipt, or got a rain check to buy later, enjoy!
- On the BOGO Manischewitz broth, Judy shares: “There is a coupon for the Manischewitz 32 oz broth in the calendar that is by the Holiday display in the Highland Park store. I think it was for $1/2.”
- From Maria S.: “Read this on the Chicago Tribune website: http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-jewel-osco-debit-cards-0902-biz-20150901-story.html (Not sure how long you have access to read stories online)
It said you can call Jewel’s customer service center at 877-932-7948 with any question. In the article, it said that Jewel may take up to 5 days to reverse any duplicate charges. Jewel also said it was a “nationwide problem affecting many retailers,” though it didn’t elaborate.”
- Jane comments: “I asked a girl at the CS desk if she knew anything about this and she said it was just last FRIDAY when the system was down. I did not use a card that day, so I “think” I am fine. I should go online to check and make sure though?” I would!
- From Theresa: “Joseph’s ad has 4 manufacturers coupons printed in it for this same sale week. One is for 2.00 off a purchase of 4 Nabisco snack crackers, ritz crackers or ritz crackerfuls filled crackers 8 oz or larger. Not sure if boxes are 8 oz size on anything on sale at Meijer or try using at Jewel this week.”
- Fran is wondering: “Our bank has decided to start charging all kinds of fees beginning this month on everything from not maintaining a minimum balance in Checking accts, to a monthly service fee for ALL Savings accts (yes, like I want to pay them to have 24/7 use of my money, sheesh!). Anyway, does anyone know of any current bonuses for opening accts, and does anyone have any bank recommendations? Thanks!”
- And Deb has another question: “Didnt know where to post this– I was wondering if anyone could help me–I have a very aggressive fungus on my pumpkin plants. Its white and covering the leaves. I clipped off EVERY affected leaf but that didnt help. Leaves grew back but they got covered too. Now its spreading down the vines and they are starting to die. I really didnt want to use a strong chemical since my zucchini and cucumbers are in the same bed. I have a ton of teeny pumpkins too so Im so sad! Any ideas at all would be greatly appreciated. TIA!!”
- Christine asks: ” I know you said you had trouble printing coupons after getting new wireless printer. I have been having same with coupons.com. Were you able to resolve it? I’m trying to figure out how. It is not working properly on my laptop or desktop. Very frustrating. Maybe you can email me if there is a solution.” I wasn’t — but if anyone has suggestions, please comment.
- From liz a: “speaking of settlements, did anyone get the redbull rebate yet?”
- LovinSavin comments: “I mailed my Bacardi rebate on 6/27 and have not received it yet. the number is 1-800-BACARDI. I haven’t called yet.”
- And from letsshop: “Loving savings , I called and they are not seeing my rebate , I sent them my Jewel receipt again by scanning a copy this moth that I kept in computer but she also wanted rebate form ! I can’t find what I did you extra one ,was hoping someone kept one and they could scan it over. Thanks anyone (:”
- Wendy found: “$1.99 bacon!!!! Limit 2 per order. 12-16oz Schnucks brand all varieties. While supplies last”
- Christine comments: “I just came back from Target in Algonquin. It seems there is a new coupon policy at Target. The cashier took all of my coupons before she rang me up, searched through all of my groceries to get the items to match my coupons and then rang them up. She told me several of them would not work since the picture was not the same, but I had to explain that the description and picture do not have to match. My item has to match the coupon description. I felt like a criminal. Beware, this also took a lot of time! I complained and told the manager that not everyone using a coupon is a criminal ripping Target off. They need to think of a better way to take coupons and educate their cashiers.” Sounds like a bad cashier; to my knowledge their policy has not changed.
- Heads up from Lisa: “I too was a bit disenchanted with Target this evening. I went in for the Garnier deal that is being blogged on every site to find they pulled the gift card. The cashier told me that because Target realized that there were great manufacturer coupons out, they dropped the promotion. Now, if you were talking about Walgreens and the monthly book I would think par for the course. I was surprised that Target is doing this frankly. Typically they go out of the way to own up to their errors in marketing. Considering this was a destination stop for that deal, I found this to be disappointing that I was penalized for the lack of forethought on their part.”
- Tamara shares a deal: “Stonyfield Organic Petite Creme, 5.3 oz are on sale through 9/15 for $1.50. Buy 2, use $1.25/2 Mambosprout coupon and $1/2 Whole Foods coupon and it comes out to 2 for $.75 or $.38 each. If you have access to 3 computers, then print out 6 of the Mambosprout coupons, 6 Whole Foods coupons, buy 12 to get a 10% case discount and you’re down to $2.70 for 12, or $.23 each.”