Reader Deals 10/7/15: Here are the deals, heads up, and requests you shared over the last 24 hours or so — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
- Email Rachel: email@example.com.
- Comment below, or on any post where it seems to fit.
- Post on the Mashup Mom Facebook page.
*** If you are sharing a deal from another site or an online coupon, please include the link. If you found a deal at a specific store, please include the location.
- Debbie asks: “How does the flour from Aldi compare with other brands? Does it bake just as well?”
- An opinion from peaches on the $.99 flour: “I know it is a lot more money, but King Arthur flour is way better than Pillsbury or Gold Medal. There was a $1 coupon for King Arthur in Sunday’s Trib,, and they put it on sale at Meijer’s occasionally, and Mariano’s and Walmart also sell it cheaper. I especially love their white whole wheat flour..”
- And from sportnfood: “I’ve used it before and haven’t noticed much difference. However, the last two bags have been more clumpy than usual. I felt like I should have sifted it. “
- Caroline shares on this week’s Butera deals: “The flyers in Red Plum thrown outside our house have a .99 cent egg coupon wyb $10 worth of merchandise.”
- Ginny asks on this week’s Caputo’s deals: “My daughter and I were cracking up over the ‘Diva apples.’ Has anyone tried them?”
- Heads up from Debbie on the new McCormick coupons: “The herb and spice coupon has an expiration date of 2 weeks. I usually wait for the sales around Thanksgiving and Christmas so may not get this one used.”
- Jaci asks: “What does everyone buy here when they go? Getting one near me just curious before I go.”
- And cassie replies: “Their sausage (both chicken and pork) from the meat counter is very good. They have 6-8 flavors of each. I watch for it to go on sale for $1.99 and stock up. My DS10 won’t touch sausage normally but loves their ultimate Italian which has pepperoni in the mix. Hope I can get there Friday for the 2 day sale this weekend.” The chicken sausage is excellent — we haven’t tried the pork yet.
- Tiffany shares: “The Muller yogurts are $5/5. I had a coupon on MyMixx $1/2 and the. I received a $1 Catalina on my next purchase from muller. Does anyone know about this Catalina?” Looks like a national deal: Any Muller Yogurt between 10/2/15 – 11/1/15: Buy 5-9, get $1.00 OYNO. Buy ten or more, get $2.00 OYNO.
- And one from Colleen: “Awesome Deal on any cupcake vinyard wines! I got 6 on sale and then another 10% off (a jewel standard if you buy 6) and then get a $25.00 gift card for free with coupon on bottles! I got a Target $25 one for free!”
- Heads up from Kristen: “My Jewel only had the Barilla “long pasta” on sale. All others like Penne, and Elbows were 4/5. Seemed silly if you asked me.”
- Nancy R. says: “I noticed the Jewel ad starting today had a pharmacy coupon for a transferred prescription. It’s a very long odd looking coupon on the back of a 1/2 page of the ad. My Osco said New or transferred is fine for the coupon/gift card. I’m getting my flu shot there so I can combine the 10% off purchase and my gift cards.”
- Kristina wonders: “Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew 24 pack, $3.99 when you buy in multiples of two, limit four. ~~ Anyone know if this includes Dr. Pepper? I couldn’t find 24 packs of Dr. Pepper at the store I went to.” This is the one day deal, so may be too late.
- A comment from seachicago: “Noticed an interesting quirk when ordering on the Target site: purchased an item for $24.99, used $20 in Target gift cards, paid the $4.99 balance (+ tax) with my RedCard to get free shipping—it also gave me 5% off the total price ($1.25), but I was actually just expecting 5% off the $4.99 balance that I paid with my RedCard. I wonder if this is how it works at the store? Whenever I use my Target gift cards, I’m a little disappointed that I don’t also get my 5% discount. Maybe the trick is to pay a small amount of the balance with the RedCard? Anybody know? If not, I’ll try it and report back!” I don’t believe it does, I think I’ve always just gotten it off the balance I pay after gift cards.
- Liz comments: “In the “SaveOn” Magazine in my mailbox today there was a $10 off $75 I think for the Hoffman Estates location of Valli Produce. Never seen that before. Any one else see it?”