Reader Deals 8/27/15: Here are the deals, heads up, and requests you shared over the last 24 hours — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
- Email Rachel: email@example.com.
- Comment below, or on any post where it seems to fit.
- Post on the Mashup Mom Facebook page.
*** If you are sharing a deal from another site or an online coupon, please include the link. If you found a deal at a specific store, please include the location.
- From Linda: “Re: Aldi meat coupon. I used it today on sweet Italian sausage, $3.69 for the package. Paid $.75 out of pocket. The cashier had to check with another cashier sbout how to use it, but it scanned just fine. Yay for cheap meat!!”
- A note from seachicago on the Duncan Hines coupon: “I’ve seen Duncan Hines at Dollar Tree a lot lately, especially their “velvets” specialty mixes.”
- Kitty shares: “8.5 oz Kettle Chips are BOGO $2.99 on Mymixx. When I purchased 2 of the 13 oz size @$3.68 (they were marked $3.99), $3.49 was deducted for the second one.”
- Jaci comments on the Ice Mountain deal: “Worked like a charm! If you don’t find any on shelve check the front of your store mine had a ton. Pizza deal was awesome also ton a lot of stock.”
- And dani combined the Ice Mountain with the DiGiorno deal: “I bought 3 cases and 3 Digiorno pizzas (thin) to get to the Nestle Buy $20, Save $5 sale. Used 3 – .75 coupon and 3- 1.00 coupon. got back $2 cat for digiorno pizza and 2.25 cat for water. so, total 6.55. good deal.”
- From Michelle b on the Ice Mountain deal: “If you buy 12, $5 comes off instantly on the Nestlé deal ($5 off instant when you spend $20) Use 12 qs and get the 2.25 Catalina. 3.75 for 12 packs of water.”
- Dawn comments on the free Propel deal: “i think they have the sizes wrong. we bought the regular propel water yesterday and they are 710 ml. i didn’t see the fitness water at all at meijer but maybe we missed it. there was a deal on gatorade that if you bought 2 8-packs of gatorade you got 3 750ml bottles of propel for free but we couldn’t find the 750ml bottles……they gave us the 710ml bottles instead for free……weird!”
- Sabrina doesn’t recommend it: “I bought 11 of the giant bottles of the Propel Electrolyte water to bring to an outside concert at Millenium park. The water tastes terrible and even though it was close to 100 that day, everyone that came with preferred to drink from the nasty water fountains that were providing hot water rather than drink the Propel water. To me it sort of tasted like a flavorless Gatorade, salty with a slimy mouth feel.”
- Lori asks: “Anybody know of a Highlights Magazine deal? My dd wants this for her bday and I can’t find a deal on it.” I know it’s not much, but here’s a $5 off offer: http://bit.ly/1PVVueH — anyone else?
- And jane has a question: “Can anyone recommend a book for kids how save and use money wisely. Would like to get for my nephew”
- From Like2save: “Like feelgood, I discovered that SavingStar is not crediting my account properly. It seems to be happening at all stores, including receipt submission stores, not just Jewel. I contacted customer service on several occasions. By the way, customer service responds within 5-10 BUSINESS days.”
- Shandelle is also having issues: “I hate the stores in Ibotta the require a card. It almost never works. Over the weekend I wasted so much time in an email going back and forth with one of their reps who was refusing to give me credit and passing off my complaints as “feedback” – um, no, your system is broken and I have proof I bought this item; this isn’t “feedback” !! I never used to have problems with Savings Star crediting my stuff. But lately it’s been a small problem here and there. When Jewel did the free Nature Valley nut bars a couple weeks ago, there was also a coupon for $.75 off a box on Savings Star. It never applied. But maybe it was because it came through as $0 and somehow their system didn’t realize I “bought” it. Their customer service fixed it no questions asked and they almost always do. I’ve had a lot of the produce offers not credit and they just give me credit without even putting up a fight. The problem is their service is soooo slow now. They take upwards to 15 days to get back to you now. Wonder why they don’t just hire more people?!”
- On the Dry Erase planning board, Melissa comments: “I use one !! Love it!“
- John W shares: “The Evanston store’s prices are similar this week, although it has a $10 off $50 coupon instead of $10 off $75. There is an extra 2-page spread in the Evanston ad with a few deals: Shish Kabobs, $2.99/lb limit 6. Whole catfish $1.99/lb. Focaccia bread, 99 cents. Dutch Farms chicken kievs, 67 cents. Imported Parmigiano Reggiano, $8.99/lb. Eggland’s Best organic large eggs, $2.77. Wrapped candy, 99 cents/lb. Valli is also giving away a back-to-school gift basket at each location, entry here: https://www.facebook.com/valliproduce?app_data=%7B%7D&v=app_190076381016644.”