Reader deals 8/25/16: Here are some of the deals, heads up, and requests you shared recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
- Email Rachel: [email protected]
- Comment below, or on any post where it seems to fit.
- Post on the Mashup Mom Facebook page or in the Hot Deals group.
- Heading to ALDI for the deals this week? Jen says: “We also bought the pet food container a few years ago and it is still in great shape.”
- Looking at owl pellets? The Baby Mama shares that: “We dissected these in junior high. It’s actually really interesting!”
- Allison found: “Carol Stream had Driscolls organic blueberries 4.4 oz packages for 50 cents.”
- Here’s $.55 off Dean’s ice cream or novelties, from Amanda.
- Diane comments: “The Abound coupons reset for me! (I was able to print them when I just printed the Kashi coupon.)” Not for me — maybe for you? 🙂
- On the rebate, rifat suggests: “Buy both (separate) and use a sibling or parent address. Of course, ask first. Then both free; Only the cost of a stamp and phone call. Even if they keep the check you only out $7.99.”
- Mary shares: “I’m not sure where they came from, but I have coupons for $2/2 Digorno pizzas. They definitely came from a newspaper, but I clipped them, so I don’t know when, and they aren’t in the database. They expire 9/30. Buy 4 for $22, use 2 coupons ($18), and the $5 instant puts you at $13/4 or $3.25/each.” Looks like the 8/7 RP (with Purina on the front).
- Sue B reminds us: “If your heading to Jewel check your ap I found a free Noosa blackberry Serrano you yogurt to clip”
- Marianne asks: “Question…Does anyone know how Jewel handles their rainchecks in this situation….if I have a raincheck for a lower price of an item and it is on sale the week I use the raincheck for BOGO at the regular price, does Jewel ignore the current weeks BOGO and just give the raincheck price for both items or do you get the lower price raincheck on the current weeks BOGO???”
- Jane replies: “I had a raincheck for the Butterball bacon on BOGO $2.99, so actually $1.50 each and the current sales price of the bacon was now only $2.50. I had a raincheck for 4 and she manually overrode the price to reflect the $2.99 and next item FREE. So, if she had used the current price, they would have only been 25c cheaper each, but she did NOT do that. Hope that answers your question. It takes some time at checkout when they have to do this since they have to write down on paper and get an override from the service desk. Also, they only allow you 30 days on the raincheck and they are pretty strict on that rule!”
- Barb notes that: “Last time Marianos had the 7 frees, pick n save had the same group. I know they DO have 7 frees on Friday. I am guessing it is the same ones.”
- Valentina S. says: “I have $.25 back on Ibotta on any brand chips 9 oz. or larger. And chips also count toward the Saving Star Frito-Lay products.”
- On the super cheap Peter Pan peanut butter, Meg comments: ” I bought it one at a time and got $0.50 off coupon and $1/2 coupon alternatively. I tried to roll the catalina but it did not work. So buy one and don’t use the $2.50 catalina to pay for it.”
- Christian replies: “This isn’t going to roll because it is a Store coupon (Catalina), not manufacturer…”
- As does feelgood: “Yep, Meijer Custom store coupon Catalinas never roll. I looked at the $2.50 Catalina right after I bought the first peanut butter, saw it was a store coupon and it said you will not get another Catalina if you use this one to purchase the same product. If you’re also getting $.50/1 Catalina coupons, those are ok to use on subsequent transactions, you will get the $2.50 Catalina each time.”
- LauraC: “Couldn’t find them at the Melrose Park or Berwyn locations.”
- And feelgood replies:” Just checked, showing both varieties in stock at both Melrose Park and Berwyn locations. They might be hard to find, at my store they were on the top shelf and easy to miss with all the other peanut butters and spreads occupying the middle shelves. If you still can’t find them, you might ask at Customer Service.”
- From feelgood: “I bought three Oscar Mayer 8 oz Wallet Pack lunch meats that are B2G1 free at Meijer (2 @ $2 each, get 3rd one free), a $1.00/2 coupon pops out before you pay. So net cost is $1.00 each if you want to stock up.”
- Maggie asks: “We are looking for a new shower base and also shower (glass) doors. The wall will be tiled. So far stores like Home Depot and Menards have not been helpful, because they have plenty of models online but only few in stores. And those don’t look like quality stuff. We are looking for a store where there are just a lot of models set up so you can actually see it before you buy. Does anyone know of these type of places, or is there possibly an expo coming up??”
- And letsshop is wondering: “Anyone knows of a cheap place for gas refills ,my grills is completely out”
- Kim is wondering: “Has anyone had any luck with price matching an Aldi ad at Walmart? I like the size of the Walmart chicken breasts but obviously I like the $1.49lb price at Aldi.”
- Elizabeth on Facebook share that there’s a voluntary recall on STEP-iT activity bands from McDonald’s Happy Meals due to reports of skin irrtations and burns. “Nothing is more important to us than the safety and well-being of our customers which is why upon learning about concerns with these bands we acted swiftly to stop distribution of these products,” said Terri Hickey, a spokesperson for McDonald’s. “We are now asking customers who have the activity bands to stop wearing them and return to any McDonald’s for a free replacement toy and a choice of a yogurt or apple slices. We apologize to our customers who were impacted and for the inconvenience this recall has caused.”
- A find from Jennifer: “Check your magazine insert coupons. I found one that had $1.00 off Soft Soap body wash. Makes this net $0.49/ea Yeah!!!”