There’s a large Amy’s Kitchen voluntary recall of a number of products containing organic spinach for possible Listeria. Read more and see a list of affected products here.
A couple new recalls today I thought I’d mention:
There’s a major recall on certain Blue Bell single serve ice cream products for potential Listeria contamination — see info on affected products here.
If you or someone in your family has a peanut allergy, read this — there is a huge cumin recall that also affects a bunch of products with cumin because traces of peanuts have been found in the spice.
Here are some of the deals (and heads up!) YOU found recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
- Email Rachel: email@example.com.
- Comment on any post where it seems to fit.
- Post on the Facebook Wall.
If you are sharing a deal from another site or an online coupon, please include the link. If you found a deal at a specific store, please include the location.
- Feelgood has another option on the Nice Smirnoff (etc) rebate deal at Jewel starts 12/26 — Updated Updated, if you have the manufacturer rebate tags; check CVS, “Wow, that’s expensive! Got mine for $6.59 a bottle. The Lemont CVS had several varieties of Smirnoff, including Whipped Cream and Green Apple, for $9.55 each, or $8.59 each when you buy six or more. After coupons, I paid $52.72 plus tax for eight bottles. You might check your local CVS to see if they have the same price, or scan a bottle thru the magic machine if the shelf tag shows a higher price. I know CVS doesn’t price match other stores, but maybe they could call the CVS Lemont store to check their price and adjust at the register.”
- Anyone still looking for a last minute gift? Jessica sent this, “Justice is having a huge sale today if you need something for that favorite girl in your life! 50% off of everything & an extra 50% off redline clearance! ! I got my daughter a $90 coat for $21!”
- If you have the Keurig single cup mini brewer, check to see if it is part of the Keurig recall.
Heads up: There’s a recall due to potential salmonella contamination on various peanut and almond butters, including specific lots of MaraNatha, Arrowhead Mills, and Trader Joe’s / Whole Foods / Safeway / Kroger store brands. See the list of affected products, UPCs, and dates here.
Heads up: If you bought peaches recently from Costco, Kroger, Trader Joe’s, or Walmart, you might want to check this recall notice for Listeria risk.
Update –also plums, pluots, nectarines.
Update — also fruit sold at ALDI. And possibly other stores — I’d check recall notices anywhere you’ve purchased peaches, etc. recently.
Here’s a heads up from Joy: Some dips and hummus sold by Trader Joe’s and Target have been recalled for possible Listeria contamination.
Some of the affected products were shipped nationally and include 10-ounce and 2-pound containers of Target Archer Farms Traditional Hummus marked for use by June 11, and 8-ounce containers of Trader Joe’s Edamame Hummus with April 28, April 29 and May 14 use-by dates. A full list of recalled products can be found on the Hot Mama’s Foods website.
Hot Mama’s Foods is urging customers who purchased the discard it or return it for a full refund. Consumers with questions can call (877) 550-0694.