Reader deals 5/26/16: Here are some of the deals, heads up, and requests you shared recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
- Email Rachel: [email protected]
- Comment below, or on any post where it seems to fit.
- Post on the Mashup Mom Facebook page.
- Annette shares that: “Costco in Bolingbrook has their two Exrtra Large 18 count pack of eggs for $1.79 for over a week!”
- A heads up from Maria S. on digital receipts: “Was reading the help topics in Ibotta. Under the “More About Rebates” section, there’s a topic called “CVS Now Offers Digital Receipts”. Copied this from Ibotta:. “While we are exploring other options with CVS submissions, we can still only accept printed in-store CVS receipts at this time. When checking out, please explain to the cashier that you would prefer a printed receipt.””
Discount Tire Direct
- Feelgood found Memorial Day rebates at Discount Tire Direct if you are in need of new tires — up to $320 back in total rebates depending what you buy.
- Need a 100 foot long extension cord? Here’s a great deal feelgood found on one at Home Depot, just $7.88 with free in store pickup.
Jerry’s Fruit Market
- From Caroline: “Jerry’s Fruit Market in Niles has extra large eggs 2 for $1. Peaches for .39 cents a pound.”
- Kitty shares the above photo and says: “Both of these are $3.48. The green package has 315 sheets per roll. The blue package has 250 sheets per roll.”
- From Laura: “Small tubs of Country Crock butter spreads and also certain varieties of Perdue frozen chicken strips are clearanced at the Minooka Jewel.” I saw $1.00/1 Country Crock blinkies at the Lombard Jewel yesterday, too.
- On Jewel having ad differences, feelgood comments: “I’ve noticed different Jewel weekly ads for some time now. For example, the Homer Glen Jewel weekly ad about 2-3 weeks ago had a $5 off $50 coupon on the front page, and the ad didn’t say it was for specific stores. I went to the neighboring Lemont Jewel, had over $50 in my cart, and went to their wire rack to pick up the weekly ad for the $5/$50 coupon. Looked like the same ad, but no coupon! Fortunately, I dug thru my coupon folder and found a $5/$50 coupon from the Homer Glen store. Also, Jewels around me don’t match Jewel prices from other Jewel stores. After Mariano’s in Orland Park opened, for a few weeks I was getting a one sheet glossy ad in the mail for the Homer Glen Jewel, with lower prices specifically for that Jewel, and a $5/$50 coupon. Neighboring Jewels would not match the prices in the ad for the Homer Glen Jewel, but did accept the $5/$50 coupon which did not have specific store restrictions.”
- And Artie says: “Homewood – 183rd St and Kedzie has Louisiana Hot Sauce .99,Mumbo sauce 2/$5.00,and a 1 gal jug of Open Pit for $5.88. So yeah,they’re definitely targeting different demographics.”
Kellogg’s Family Rewards
- Cindie found two new codes to try: YOUFOUNDSUMMER25 FOR 25 POINTS and 25FREEFORMOREFUN FOR 25 POINTS.
- Feelgood shares that you should get 200 free Yes 2 You Rewards points ($10 in rewards) for downloading and signing into the Kohl’s app for the first time through 5/27. Note: I tried this and didn’t get the points until I removed and reinstalled the app; some people are saying it works the first time, others have to delete/reinstall or chat with customer service, so heads up there. Points convert into rewards cash to use in the next month, so should be usable in June.
- Christine asks on today’s LocalFlavor code + deals: “Anyone else have issues logging in to Local Flavor? Not the first time I have had this issue. I have verified my email, reset my password and waited an obscene amount of time trying to get in touch with Customer Service, only to be disconnected when following the phone prompts provided. When submitting an email request, they promise to do their best to respond with SIX days! Anyone have tips? Thanks!”
- And feelgood responds: “Never had a problem logging in to Local Flavor, tried just now and log in went right through. Maybe try a different browser? Or incognito mode? Or even a different device (smartphone if you tried on your pc, or vice versa)?”
- Jennifer says: “Mariano’s in Gurnee has Pepsi products- including the free Mist Twist- priced at $0.75. The free download takes off $1, so it’s a moneymaker! It’s part of a local sale- our ad had a wraparound of special prices good in Gurnee and a couple other places…Price should go through June 1.”
- Cindie shares yesterday: “ALSO IN MY MORNING PAPER THERE WAS A FLYER FOR TEN DOLLARS OFF A 50 DOLLAR GROCERY PURCHASE AT TARGET . COULD NOT FIND A CODE TO ENTER INTO THE PHONE SO I THINK YOU MUST PHYSICALLY BRING THE COUPON IN” This was in my midweek ads, too — which finally showed up, helpfully, today. lol