Reader Deals 2/3/16: Here are some of the deals, heads up, and requests you shared recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
- Email Rachel: [email protected]
- Comment below, or on any post where it seems to fit.
- Post on the Mashup Mom Facebook page.
*** If you are sharing a deal from another site or an online coupon, please include the link. If you found a deal at a specific store, please include the location.
- A deal from feelgood: “For super cheap watch batteries, Ace has a pack of twenty AG 13 batteries for $1.00 until 2/15, with coupon in their Clip & Save Coupon Book. They also have a pack of nine CR2032 batteries for $1.00. These are the ones for many digital scales, remote key fobs, etc.”
- A question from jane: “Where do you get the Clip & Save Coupon Book?”
- Mary Beth points out on the inspirational $3.99 bracelet: “The code takes off $5 for each of the bracelets in the cart. I got 4 and a credit of $20.00.”
- A deal from Elizabeth a: “Jewel has Svedka odka 1.75l on sale for 17.99 plus get zing zang (awesome) bloody mary mix free reg 4.99. on Ibotta get 4.00 back for the vodka!!”
- A suggestion from feelgood: “Also, weigh your packages of pub burgers at the meat counter, deli scale or checkout to make sure they’re at least .50 lb per pub burger in the package. I’ve had 2 packs of 8 oz pub burgers weigh in at .79 lb for the package, and 4 packs weigh in under 2 lbs.”
- A note on the Margaritaville coupon from rifat: “Jewel has it on MYmixx, now. Save ink & paper.”
- On the cheap Power Bars at Meijer, look for ones priced even cheaper. Nancy comments: “I did this deal yesterday. All the bars rang up 90 cents each. So 8 x .90 = 7.20 – $4 Q = 3.20 + tax with $2 back. Not bad.”
- And Wende says: “I had gone to Meijer this afternoon to do this PowerBar deal. And no, I did not receive a Meijer catalina. But I DID get an even better deal : ) 4 of the PowerBars rang up at $.90 cents each, and 4 at $.25 cents each! So a total of $4.60 minus 2 $2/4 IP’s = $.60. With the $2 OYNO from PowerBar, that’s a $2.40 MM!!!”
- And feelgood notes: “Wende, I’m not following the math. If you’re down to paying $.60 after coupons, and then get a $2.00 OYNO, wouldn’t that be a $1.40 MM? Also, wonder which varieties rang up $0.25 each? One way would be to run several varieties thru the price checker. It it’s buy one for $.90 get second for $.25, price checker will display that. If it’s on clearance for $.25, price checker will display that, too.”
- One from jane: “Has anyone found any great coffee deals this week? I need decaf, which isn’t as easy to find. All the LaVazza at my Jewel last week were regular bags. I did notice the Dunkin Donuts sale, but it’s not my favorite…”
- Question from melissa: “I’m wondering if your readers can help me. I am trying to recycle my ink cartidges but staples and office max have complicated their rewards program. Does anyone know where to recycle them for credit for more ink? Or does anyone know how to use the staples or office rewards in a way that I’m not spending a lot to participate? Thanks!”
- Mindy is wondering: “What’s up with aldi stopping carrying the La vie sparkling water and having La croix for a hot minute? And do any stores in the Wheaton area still have the LA croix? I’m Almost out!”
- JC asks: “Hi, I need a recommendation for a plastic surgeon in the Chicago or nearby area. My preschooler has a mole next to his ear that I want to have it removed. Our dermatologist suggested us to see a plastic surgeon to have the procedure done. Thank you.”
- Eun replies: “I went to Dr. John Lease at Illinois Masonic for exactly that same thing, getting two beauty marks removed from my face. He and his work is great (just a thin white scar that you would really have to know where they were to see), but I was 25 at the time and can’t speak to how (or if) he works with children. My real advice is to make certain whoever does the procedure will make an elliptical incision around the mole so it can be sutured in a straight line. Dr. Lease explained it really well and when my sister had a beauty mark removed from her face, her plastic surgeon did the same thing. I had a friend who had a beauty mark removed from her forehead with a cookie cutter type of procedure (not sure if she went to a plastic surgeon), but you can see an indentation from where it was. Better a thin scar than an indentation, IMO.”
- On yesterday’s question about countertops, Theresa replies: “Try Old World Stone in Huntley. Not sure they do Corian, but they are family run and may have a recommendation.”
- Pam is looking for: “Does anyone know of any deals on rental cars for the week of 3-25 to 4-1-16? TIA.”
- A heads up from celmarie on the Lit’l Smokies deal: “I think it’s only at super targets. I went yesterday and couldn’t find it. Customer service could only locate stock at super target.”
- From Christian on the Hillshire Farm Lit’l Smokies deal: “Even cheaper at Schnucks, regardless of which manufacturer coupon you have… on sale 2/$5 this week. As low as 65c if you have a 55c coupon to double. :)”
- A recommendation from seachicago on the Danskin workout shirt: “How funny to see you post this—I just ordered one last week (for $5) and it came yesterday! Very nice workout shirt, just read the reviews so you know what you’re getting (sheerer on the sides, slightly longer in length, etc.). I ordered a size up so it wouldn’t be too fitted; wish I’d bought more!”