Reader Deals 10/8/15: Here are the deals, heads up, and requests you shared over the last 24 hours or so — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
- Email Rachel: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Comment below, or on any post where it seems to fit.
- Post on the Mashup Mom Facebook page.
*** If you are sharing a deal from another site or an online coupon, please include the link. If you found a deal at a specific store, please include the location.
- More on yesterday’s discussion on the relative merits of ALDI flour, from seachicago: “I’m a pastry chef, so I feel like I can give a definitive answer re: Aldi flour: it’s just as good as any other grocery store brand, the only difference is that it costs less! I’ve used it professionally, and I use it at home all the time. I also use Aldi sugar, chocolate chips, baking powder etc. There’s no reason to pay more, you’re not getting anything better. If you don’t use flour too often, you can keep it in the freezer and it will stay fresh forever. Also, someone mentioned their flour was a little lumpy, which can happen to any brand in humid weather. I also use all-purpose flour for everything, including bread baking (by hand or in the bread machine). Having said that, I do have a good friend who is a very accomplished (home) bread baker, and she loves King Arthur flour, but honestly I’ve never noticed a difference in my own baking (when I’ve used different brands).”
- And focadima concurs, saying: “I bake A LOT ( i bake for others) 99.9% of the time I use aldi flour. ( as well as aldi butter, sugar and eggs) I have zero issues and obviously my clients keep coming back for more! “
- Lots of opinions on how best to shred pork on the meat claws idea post. While Suzann likes them, saying: “I own these– they get the end result faster than 2 forks!!” and so does Cathie: “I have these and love them, make quick work of shredding pork or chicken much easier for me than forks,” Vanessa does not, commenting: “They are big for my hands and make them get tingly. No joke. And they don’t shred well. Unless it’s an issue with my meat and not the claws” Multiple people also suggested using a KitchenAid mixer or hand mixer to shred meat quickly. What do you use?
- On the retro games on Gold Box today, from Marsha: “For those who have never played Mille Bornes, I highly recommend it. It’s a favorite from my childhood, and was out of print for a while. This is a nice set in a tin box, which is much better for the long term than the cardboard sleeves most card games come in these days. Good for all ages, too.”
- Mary noticed that the Sparkling Ice freebie is still available on MyMixx if you haven’t loaded/redeemed yet!
- On the free Pure Leaf tea, from cindy — if you are having trouble finding it at your store: “I found it in the refrigerated section. Just to save everyone time, the 59 oz ones are there… not sure why they are refrigerated and the 64 ones weren’t!”
- Cleob notes: “Yes, found the 59 oz containers in refrigerated area next to the OJ. But I don’t think it needs to be refrigerated.”
- Jeri says: “The Jewel in Libertyville does not have the 59oz Lipton Tea. There were happy to substitute the 64oz Lipton Pure Leaf Tea that is currently on sale 2/$4.00. I did bring along my printed list of My Mixx “clipped coupons” just to avoid any confusion.”
- Jeff spotted that the free tea coupon has two different expiration dates on it. It says 10/8 at the top, but: “Lol… the fine print says expires 10/10/2015: Must meet minimum purchase requirement after all other valid coupon redemptions. In the event of a return, coupon savings may be deducted from refund. Not valid toward previous purchase. Item may not be available in all locations. Offer valid at All Jewel/Osco locations. Expires 10-10-2015”
- jeanniek asks: “Does anyone know where you get the rebate form for the $20 rebate when you purchase 1 12 pack from budweiser ‘family’ and $50 in grocery? Thanks in advance ” These are generally either by the beer or at the liquor counter.
- letsshop comments on this week’s Mariano’s deals that: “Their are $1 coupons in this weeks RP for Rana pasta’s and sauces (:” Not in the Tribune that I see, though?
- A heads up from Debb: “I took advantage of the Schoola deal last week. Basically got 8 items for free. Woo hoo. Not to complain, but I am –lol–Half the items were not described accurately. I think its a great site and am sending them a giant bag of donations, along with 4 of their items back. 2 items were petite, and not listed as such.Kind of a problem for someone my size–definitely NOT petite. And 2 sweaters were listed as cotton and were wool. Besides the dry cleaning factor, Im allergic. Just a heads up.” I just got some stuff too … and a couple of things listed as women’s sizes were clearly children’s sizes. Hopefully they were just swamped with the crazy sale and will get more careful about it.
- A deal from SoapboxTray: “Target: Kadoo wipes in the bags are $1. and there is an IP for 50¢ off and there is a 20% off Cartwheel exp. 10/10 pay 30¢ per pack.”
- elizabeth a found the free Crock Pot seasoning mix: “I saw these at target yesterday and they were not n the food isle but near the crockpots..thought that was strange..around 1.50”
- An update from Tamara on the midweek Target deals: “I have a $1 ibotta for McCormick Sea Salt Grinders, select varieties only. If the select varieties are the same price, it would make it free!”
- From seachicago on the Walgreens nuts deal: “BTW, have run this deal twice today with the same coupon and using my Wags card, so I guess there’s only a 1 per transaction/trip limit. Also, the 9.5 oz bag of honey-roasted cashews is also tagged 2/$4—even better, especially since “specialty” nuts tend to run more.”