The week of 4/13/14, we’re expecting: One Red Plum and two SmartSource inserts.
Use this as a general guide, because coupons and values vary regionally. This means that sometimes our papers will not include one or more of the coupons listed, or that one area will get one $ amount on their coupons, we will get another. In Chicagoland, the Chicago Tribune has the most coupons in it — even if the Sun-Times, or the DuPage Daily Herald, or the other smaller papers have the same inserts, they’re thinner. (Occasionally, the Sun-Times will contain a coupon not found in the Trib, but it’s rare.) If you are outside Chicagoland, you will want to pick up the largest-circulation paper in your area.
So, what looks good to me?
- BOGO Aquafina FlavorSplash bottle.
- $1.00/1 Bird’s Eye recipe ready. Get free bags of onions and such at Walmart.
- $2.00/3 Neosporin, Band-Aid, and J&J Red Cross excluding trial, 10 ct Band-Aid, little first aid kits.
- $.75/2 Sargento ultra thin slices.
- $1.00/1 So Delicious dairy free — last time the Tribune didn’t have this, but maybe this time?
- $2.00/2 Starbucks coffee bags. If you get your papers Saturday, at Target through Sat. buy three bags at $6.99 each get a $5 gift card. Plus, buy two get a $5 Starbucks e-gift card.
- $2.00/2 Arm & Hammer laundry detergents. (We rarely get A&H in the Tribune, so will have to see.)
- $.50/2 Kraft mac & cheese cups.
- $1.00/1 Little Debbie. (Again, rarely in the Tribune.)
- $.75/2 Kraft dressing.
- $1.00/2 Planters nuts or peanut butter.
- $1.00/1 Triscuit.
- $1.00/1 Hellmann’s mayo.
- $1.00/1 Hefty trash bags.
- $1.00/1 SuperPretzel soft pretzel.
So how many?
It’s an OK week. It really depends if we get some of the regional coupons that we don’t necessarily see here. I’m thinking four, here.
Not getting inserts in your paper? Or getting smaller inserts?
The Tribune is no longer including inserts in some papers, the further you get from the city — and sometimes people in Chicago and the southern burbs are also missing one or both inserts in both delivered and purchased papers. This decision is made by the inserts — they’ll decide not to distribute in certain ZIP codes, or only to distribute a certain number in given areas, so not all papers have them. If you’re in a smaller city or rural area, your inserts may also be smaller.
- If you’re looking for whole inserts, try Insert Insanity.
- For individual coupons, try Wiz Clipz.
- Also check out the Mashup Mom Coupon Trading Group on Facebook!
These are also good places to check out if you just want a lot of a single coupon. It can be more cost effective than buying multiple papers.