The week of 9/14/14, we’re expecting two inserts: One Red Plum, and one SmartSource. See the full list at Coupon Previews.
- Use this as a general guide, because coupons and values vary regionally. Sometimes our papers will not include one or more of the coupons listed, or that one area will get one $ amount on their coupons, we will get another.
- In Chicagoland, the Chicago Tribune has the most coupons in it — even if the Sun-Times, or the DuPage Daily Herald, or the other smaller papers have the same inserts, they’re thinner. (Occasionally, the Sun-Times will contain a coupon not found in the Trib, but overall you’ll find many more in the Trib.) If you are outside Chicagoland, you will want to buy the largest-circulation paper in your area.
- In IL-Chicagoland, you can pick up the early edition of the Sunday Chicago Tribune on Saturday morning for $1.00 at Menards or Dollar Tree.
- Be sure to check to make sure that the inserts are in there before purchasing — since they are no longer in plastic bags, they’re falling out, not making it in, or getting swiped.
- Check out the Mashup Mom Coupon Trading Group on Facebook if you’re looking for different coupons or have some you want to trade.
- Places to pick up additional coupons.
So, what looks good to me?
- Altoids $.50/1 tin 1.2-1.76oz dnd (12/14). I haven’t seen an Altoids newspaper coupon in… years?
- Bayer $1/1 aspirin 20ct+ (10/26). Wait for a Walgreens sale to pick up the low dose super cheap.
- Disney/Marvel $1/1 gummy vitamin item (10/29). Use at Target if you pick up papers on Saturday: Buy two Disney Princess 60 ct gummies at $4.29 each, use one $1.00 coupon from this week and one from the 8/3 RP (coupon says “limit 1,” so use the two different ones), and pay $6.58 with a $5 gift card back for a net cost of $1.58 for both.
- Gain $1.50/2 detergents or fabric enhancers excludes flings, fireworks dish and trial (10/31). Use on the 20 ct dryer sheets at Dollar Tree to get two for $.50.
- Gillette $3/1 men’s razor or disposable razor ets (10/31). And, Venus $3/1 refillable razor or disposable razor ets (10/31).
- Mahatma/Water Maid $.50/1 rice (12/31).
- Silk $1/1 half gallon (10/18).
- Sparkle $1/1 6 roll+ package (10/14).
- Arm & Hammer $2/2 liquid, powder or single dose laundry detergent (10/25). We very rarely get these in the Tribune, but they are often in the Sun-Times. Watch for tomorrow’s notes from the Tribune and Sunday’s notes from the Sun-Times for updates.
- Colgate $2/1 enamel health or sensitive 4oz+ (9/27). There’s a Walgreens deal on these starting Sunday.
- Herbal Essences Buy 1 shampoo, get 1 conditioner or styler product free ets up to $4.99 (9/28).
- Huggies $1.50/1 diapers (10/11).
- Johnsonville $1/2 italian sausage (10/31).
- Pantene $2/1 styler or treatment ets (10/31).
- Rubbermaid $1/2 takealongs products dnd (1/25). If there aren’t size restrictions, they sell small packs of these at Dollar Tree.
- Softsoap $.35/1 liquid hand soap pump 7.5oz+ (10/4). Goes on sale for $1.00 sometimes, and occasionally as low as $.88 at Ultra.
So, how many?
Hmm. There are very few food coupons, but some nice drugstore deal coupons. We’d use the Silk, but there’s also a $1.00/1 printable out which makes that less urgent. I might only do two, you?