Reader deals 12/8/16: Here are some of the deals, heads up, and requests you shared recently — Thanks! How do you share your own deal?
- Email Rachel: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Comment below, or on any post where it seems to fit.
- Post on the Mashup Mom Facebook page or in the Hot Deals group.
- Artie shares that: “Lansing,Il Aldi had gallons of milk all varieties exp 12/17 for $1.08”
- From Elizabeth on the today-only Melissa & Doug deals: “Some of the products are also buy 2 get one free. Regular price of three I picked was $45, they were on sale for $30 and with the B2G1 it dropped down to $20. With the right combination $60 in items could be had for $20.”
- Finds from Laura: “I found Earnest Eats hot cereal cups rebates on Checkout 51 (Buy 2 and get $1 back) and Mobisave (50 cents back on 1 cup). Has anyone found these at Jewel-Osco? I looked by the other oatmeal cups and couldn’t find them. I also found a rebate on Merci chocolates. Checkout 51 ($1.50 back on the 14.1oz size. Limit 2. Valid at Target, Walgreens, and Kroger. Ibotta also has a Merci chocolates rebate for $1 back.”
- And jane replies: “I might have seen them in the organic aisle at Jewel.”
- And feelgood found: “Meijer has them in three varieties, $1.99 each.”
- Joanne asks: “I have a question regarding the $10 off 2 gift cards at Dollar General. Everytime I went there they were out of the Burger king ones. does anyone know if they every got them in? the offer goes thru 12/10.”
- And feelgood replies: “I got two $15 BK gift cards at the Lockport Dollar General a few days ago, paid $20. They were the variable $15-$100 kind. The ad now states instant $10 off when you buy two $15 or larger gift cards, and the Dollar General near me had many signs posted saying the same thing.”
- Katie shares: “Carl’s Jr. is offering a free 1/3 lb thick burger when you buy a $25 Fce.”
- Maria S. comments on the Harbor Freight freebies: “On Harbor Freight’s home page, it says they accept coupons from your smartphone.”
- And Christian cautions: “Word on the street is that those batteries might as well go straight to the landfill… 🙁”
- From Monica on Facebook: “Not sure if this was mentioned before but HSN.com has a 2 pack of Kindle Fire 7 16gb for $99. If you use Visa Checkout you get an additional $20.00″
- Caroline shares on Facebook that Jerry’s Fruit and Garden has a dozen medium eggs 4/$1.00 from 12/8-12/13.
- A reminder from feelgood: “For the 99c jumbo avocados, if they’re from Mexico, use the BOGO printable..”
- Gramma asks: “has anyone noticed Jewel seems to be nudging prices up? Bananas are 49c/lb; their pizzas are on ‘sale” at $6.00 …..”
- Mark replies: “Bananas are one of the items Jewel adjusts if that location is close a competitor or not. If they are 49 cents, you Jewel usually has many items higher as well, as you noticed. As far as I know, most locations that are 39 cents are still have lower prices on many items that are higher at other stores. I try & shop at Jewels that have the lower prices, and avoid the higher prices Jewels. Luckily, I can hit 1-2 Jewels on my commute on the days I go into the office, and to my majority of Jewel shopping at the ones with lower prices & tax. #EveryPennyCounts”
- Anyone know the answer to this question from BeckyG? “I haven’t seen the Fiora brand tissues at Jewel – do you know whether or not they still carry them?”
- On the Pampers deal, rifat points out: “There are several $2.00 Pampers coupons on MyMixx. They are good for one each of the purchases.”
Lord & Taylor
- Jay shares on Facebook that: “Lord and Taylor is doing a 30% off sale, starting on the 7th!”
- On the five day sale prices, ellen asks: “anyone know the brand on the ribs? maybe we can use Hormel coupons if we are lucky!”
- A heads up from Anne: “Just a heads up to other readers, Sutter Home rejected my rebate submission, claiming my receipt was illegible. The receipt I submitted was perfectly clear with the wine purchases (all SH or SUTRHM, 750 or 750 ml) all clustered at the bottom. I called and they processed the rebate as a “one-time courtesy”. I informed the agent I DID have a clear digital picture of the original receipt, but they were quick to say resubmitting wasn’t necessary, this was a one-time courtesy. I personally will be leery of submitting any more rebates to this company.”
- SoapboxTray says: “Target: I saw a post on Hip2Save that there is a $10 off $10 Holiday Decor, for some email subscribers. I did have this coupon on my shopping account email but not my regular email so it may be for people who have ordered. Either way take a look, the subject is: “Surprise! Coupon for $10 off holiday decorations inside.” and mine came 12/5 and is good through Dec. 17th.”
- From John W.: “Valli Produce in its Evanston print ad (but not any online ads) has a one-day sale on Fri. Dec. 9 only. Some highlights (all have limits, and higher prices the rest of the week): Dutch Farms bacon $1.99 1 lb; 80% Ground beef, $1.49/lb value pack; boneless pork loin roast 1.49/lb; bone-in pork shoulder roast 89 cents/lb; boneless English pot roast $2.49/lb; pie crust $1.49/15 oz.; prairie farms yogurt 29 cents; prairie farms half and half 49 cents; frozen cod fillet $2.99/lb; chicken leg quarters 39 cents/lb; Italian sausage $1.69/lb for 3lbs+; Cream cheese 8oz. 69 cents; Prairie Farms OJ $2.69/gallon; frozen veggies, 69 cents 16 oz.; Fabianelli Pasta, 69 cents; Fanta soda, 69 cents/2 liter; Wessen oil, $1.99/48 oz.; Kontos fillo dough, $1.49; Dutch farms bagels or English muffins, 69 cents; Week-long sales: Golden Delicious apples, 38 cents/lb; Broccoli, 69 cents/lb”
- Maria S. shares that “tomorrow 12/9 is Friends and Family day at Walgreens. 20% off. Not sure if it will work on sale items.” Generally it does not. 🙁
- But feelgood points out that the $2.99 is a regular price for the IZZE deal, so on Friends & Family: “Should make for a great deal tomorrow. $2.38 for two 4-packs and get 4,000 BR points!”
- Also on the IZZE deal, from feelgood: “Did the IZZE deal tonight, worked great. With tax, two 4-packs were $4.02. Added a box of the 100 ct Walgreens sweetener, total was $5.03. Paid with 5,000 points and 3¢, got 4,000 points back. Plus a $1.50 Catalina coupon printed up for the next purchase of two IZZE.”
- Diane asks: “Has anybody tried the IZZE? How does it taste? Thanks!”
- Maria S. responds: “Just tried the Izze Sparkling Water – Blackberry Pear, it’s very lightly flavored and minimally sparkling. It was good for water. It does have organic cane sugar, but doesn’t taste sweet at all. 10 calories for the 12oz bottle. I bought the Raspberry Watermelon, but haven’t tried it. That one also has organic cane sugar and 10 calories.”
- And jolynn says: “The IZZE is carbonated water with a little flavoring. My children didn’t like it because it didn’t have any sugar 🙂 It’s okay…I’d prefer to drink it in warmer weather. I bought some to have around for guests at Christmas.”
- Silvia is wondering on the IZZE: “Are y’all adding anything to make these taste better, I mean, the izzi i bought from Amazon in the cans tasted way better! Help cuz I did slot of transactions LOL”