Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 4/30/17: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday.
Hope you find these free ALDI meal plans useful!
A quick aside…
Guess what… I wrote a book! If you enjoy these ALDI meal plans and savings, or if you ran across this week’s meal plan because you’re newer to ALDI, you might also enjoy Almost All ALDI: Shopping and Meal Planning Around Sales and Seasons. When you get a chance to read it, please drop a review on Amazon or comment and let me know what you think. 🙂
Now, back to our regularly scheduled meal plan:
Things to know about the free ALDI meal plans
A few notes before we get started:
- I try not to repeat main dish recipes more often than once a month, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again in these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up again on sale. Part of the fun of meal planning lies in mixing old stand-bys with something new each week!
- If one or more of these recipes isn’t to your taste or if you have other ingredients to use, adapt this ALDI meal plan to your family’s preferences or use the ideas here as a supplement to your own meal planning for the week.
- This week’s ALDI meal plan reflects prices from the current week’s ad (running 4/23-4/29 in Sunday ad markets and 4/26-5/2 in Wednesday ad markets). Non-advertised prices were collected on 4/26/17 at my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but can vary by location & region. In either ad market, shop any time through Saturday and start cooking on Sunday 4/30/17.
So let’s get ready to make six complete dinners for a family of four, for $60.00 out the door!
ALDI meal planning week of 4/30/17 – 5/6/17
I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like cooking oil and spices. Read through the recipes before you shop to make sure you have the necessary pantry staples on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
ALDI meal plan — Start cooking 4/30/17
- Sunday: Homemade chicken soup. Side: Spinach salad with strawberries, baguette.
- Monday: Spinach salad with roasted chickpeas, served with leftover chicken soup from Sunday and orange wedges.
- Tuesday: Ground beef tacos (use 2 lbs of the beef), topped with shredded cheddar, Greek yogurt, and diced tomatoes. Side: Garden salad topped with chopped tomatoes & carrots (reserve 1-2 carrots for Friday’s dinner).
- Wednesday: Yogurt-marinated chicken drumsticks. Sides: Sliced cantaloupe and oven-roasted diced potatoes (try tossing 1.5 lbs diced potatoes with olive oil, salt & pepper to taste, minced garlic, and one minced jalapeño before roasting for an extra kick!).
- Thursday: Easy smoky chili (use jalapeños to taste). Top with cheddar cheese & Greek yogurt and serve with orange wedges & tortilla chips.
- Friday: Sheet pan chicken drumsticks & veggies (substitute 1-2 whole cut up carrots for baby carrots), plus baked potatoes.
- Saturday: Leftovers (you should have plenty of chili left!), family pizza night, eat out, or date night.
ALDI shopping list — Shop through 4/29/17
Dairy & refrigerated
32 oz Friendly Farms plain nonfat Greek yogurt, $3.49
8 oz brick Friendly Farms sharp cheddar cheese, $1.79
1 cans Dakota’s Pride chickpeas, $.59
2 cans Dakota’s Pride black beans, $1.18
1 can Dakota’s Pride red kidney beans, $.59
2 cans Happy Farms fire roasted diced tomatoes, $1.78
6 oz can Happy Farms tomato paste, $.39
Tuscan Garden salad dressing of choice, $1.29
Casa Mamita taco seasoning, $.35
Casa Mamita taco shells, $.89
Specially Selected baguette, $1.69
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $1.29
Meat & seafood
5.5 lbs chicken drumsticks, $3.80
3.5 lb whole chicken, $3.33
5 lb 73% lean ground beef, $8.95
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, $1.49
2 red bell peppers, $1.78
16 oz broccoli crowns, $1.69
3 lb yellow onions, $1.69
3 heads garlic, $1.29
2 lbs lemons, $2.49
2 avocados, $2.58
5 oz clamshell SimplyNature organic baby spinach, $2.69
16 oz Roma tomatoes, $1.09
2 lb carrots, $1.19
Bag of garden salad, $.89
Bag of spinach, $1.79
8 oz jalapeños, $.59
4 lb navel oranges, $1.89
16 oz strawberries, $1.49
5 lb baking potatoes, $1.99
That comes to $60.50.
Or, maybe less… 🙂 These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, pantry staples you picked up on sale, produce you already have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market. Let me know if you give it a try!
- Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.
- And if you find this meal plan useful, why not share it with your friends on Facebook so they can save money with ALDI meal planning as well? 🙂
Happy ALDI shopping and cooking this week, everyone!