Here’s your easy weekly ALDI meal plan for the week of 2/26/17: Pick up everything on the shopping list below, then start cooking on Sunday! Hope you find it useful.
Note: I try not to repeat the same recipes too often, but you will see favorite easy recipes come up again on these weekly ALDI meal plans as the same meats and produce items come up on sale again.
ALDI meal planning week of 2/26/17 – 3/4/17
Six complete dinners for a family of four for $60.00
Prices here are collected from this week’s ad and my local store in the Chicago suburbs, but may vary by location & region. I’m assuming here that you already have pantry basics like olive oil, vinegar, and spices on hand.
Six Easy Dinners from ALDI for $60.00
- Sunday: Italian pulled pork sandwiches on deli rolls with provolone. (Use banana peppers; ALDI doesn’t stock hot cherry.) Sides: Oven baked potato wedges and romaine salad (use half of romaine).
- Monday: Meatless Monday breakfast for dinner: Mushroom, provolone, & spinach omelet. Serve with English muffins and fruit: Blueberries, grapes, clementines.
- Tuesday: Salsa chicken (use 3 lbs) served in tortillas with two sliced avocados, cheese, & sour cream. Side: Tomato & onion salad (Slice tomatoes and a couple small onions & toss with a little olive oil & red wine vinegar, garlic salt, pepper, & Italian seasoning to taste, then let marinate in refrigerator for about 1/2 hour. Reserve one tomato for Friday.)
- Wednesday: Leftover pulled pork ragu (make with penne & substitute dried parsley — omit Parmesan if not in your pantry already). Sides: Romaine salad (tear up other half of romaine) and garlic bread.
- Thursday: Crunchy chicken tortilla fingers (double recipe but just use 6-7 oz of the tortilla chips, and use the other 2 lbs of chicken). Sides: Baked potatoes, clementines, grapes.
- Friday: Make nachos with the rest of the bag of tortilla chips, leftover salsa chicken, shredded cheese, sliced olives, diced tomato, sour cream, and diced avocado. Side: Garden salad — and taco that up as well, if desired — plus clementines.
- Saturday: Leftovers, or date night!
Dairy & refrigerated
Dozen Goldhen eggs, $.79
12 oz Friendly Farms shredded cheddar, $2.29
16 oz Friendly Farms sour cream, $1.19
Friendly Farms sliced provolone, $1.99
Clancy’s restaurant style tortilla chips, $1.29
SimplyNature organic salsa, $1.89
Casa Mamita taco seasoning, $.35
El Milagro flour tortillas, $.85
Tuscan Garden black olives, $1.19
Two 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes, $1.90
Winking Owl red wine, $2.89
L’Oven Fresh split deli rolls, $1.49
16 oz Reggano penne, $.99
Tuscan Garden salad dressing, $1.29
L’Oven Fresh herb garlic bread, $1.79
L’Oven Fresh English muffins, $.99
Tuscan Garden banana peppers, $1.49
Meat & seafood
5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, $7.45
6 lb pork butt, $8.94
4 avocados, $3.96
8 oz whole white mushrooms, $.79
Bag spinach, $1.49
5 lb baking potatoes, $1.39
3 lb yellow onions, $1.29
3 pack romaine hearts, $1.29
16 oz Roma tomatoes, $.89
2 lbs red grapes, $1.99
Pint blueberries, $1.99
3 lb Cuties mandarins, $2.49
Garden salad, $.69
That comes to $60.30.
You can adapt this ALDI meal plan
If one or more of these recipes aren’t to your taste or if you have other ingredients to use up, just adapt this ALDI meal plan to your own family’s preferences. Or, use these ideas to supplement your own meal planning for the week. These meals will likely run you even less if you supplement this week’s ALDI purchases with clearance meat you already have in your freezer, produce you have on hand, and/or sale produce from your local produce market.
Let me know if you give it a try!
Browse all of the weekly ALDI meal plans here *** note: prices may have changed since originally posted.